Menu
stevegilmour
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

What's the point of TV anywhere...

I have tried every way possible to use my anywhere App to access my recordings or even access my TiVo box when I'm abroad especially in hotels with no English speaking channels. If Sky can do this then why the hell can't Virgin media do the same service if not more advanced. I have always endorsed Virgin but I'm having my doubts now. Sky Q with 4k and the ability to access your box recordings from anywhere...why is Virgin lagging behind technology considering they are the only fibre to fibre provider? My contract is up soon and looks like I'm going to move to Sky which saddens me...
0 Kudos
snapper1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: What's the point of TV anywhere...

Well currently, since March 2016 there is absolutely no point in having TV anywhere or as it's now known 'TV nowhere for anyone with a smartphone that came with Android 6 pre-loaded on it as it will not allow you to stream anyshows to the device.

Despite many complaints VM appear to have done the sum total of nothing to rectify the issue and restore service other than constantly rolling out pathetic excuses and what appear to be false promises on the forum.

So your going to be paying for a service that they know you can't get. It's pretty sad that they think it's acceptable to treat their customers in this way rather than sorting the issue out when it first came to light.
0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Are you absolutely sure that Sky allows you to access your Q box and watch stuff from abroad?

But overall I agree with you, TV Anywhere is of little use to anyone. Doesn't work on mobile networks. Doesn't even work on Mac unless you hack it to install flash (and there's very good reasons why Safari disables the use of flash, as it's a battery drain and security hole.)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sky won't let you watch shows while you are abroad due to regional agreements same applies to virgin and BT

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

While it is correct that you cannot use it to watch TV abroad the fact is that ii is impossible for some of us to use it for more basic tasks.

Even though abroad you can use it, in principle, to set up recordings but, once again, they have screwed up the regions and I now, according to TVA, I live in a different part of the country. This problem  comes and goes on a regular basis. If they cannot get something as simple as that right then what hope is there for it?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
tweetiepooh
Up to speed
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have a tablet with 6.0.1 and TV Anywhere certainly can stream content to it. This is still in UK and on VM BB but away from home.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. Jim Elliot

I work for Virgin Media but respond here on an individual basis. No comment or assistance offered is done in any official capacity.
0 Kudos
snapper1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It's when the device was supplied with Android 6.01 installed rather than if the Android 6.01 was an upgrade from an earlier version of Android.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

snapper1 wrote:
It's when the device was supplied with Android 6.01 installed rather than if the Android 6.01 was an upgrade from an earlier version of Android.

I have recently purchased a smartphone with Android 6.0.1 pre installed and TV Anywhere works without issue including streaming.  So maybe it depends on the model of phone as well.

snapper1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Could be that we are getting there, could you please let us know what model the phone is?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Motorola Moto 4G Play