Menu
bobby25
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What happened to Sky sports xtra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to watch the rugby on Sky sports xtra tonight, and again tomorrow night, but was having problems getting it to play on my laptop however yesterday I rang Virgin and a very helpful technician sorted the problem out and the picture was coming through beautifully and we were both pleased with him and grateful for what he did to help us.  However tonight is a whole different story and when I log on to watch the match nothing was doing again so ring Virgin and the technician I get this time tells me it isn't part of my package and transfers me to a Scottish woman in customer support who said much the same thing.   When I pointed out to her that Sky sports xtra is only available on mobile or pc and not as a normal channel on Virgin she said there was nothing she could do about it and she was putting me back to the technician.   I then had to endure loud 'music' ( I use the term loosely!) for 5 minutes or so before the line went dead and the phone line was disconnected.  Life is too short for me to try again but when I look at the channel listings for 'Virgin anywhere' Sky sports xtra has disappeared.

How come it was available yesterday and gone today?

We've been Virgin customers since Adam was a lad and am more than a bit cheesed off that you have not only spoilt a night's viewing we were really looking forward to but have also given me the run around on the phone for ages tonight.

Just what is going on?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: What happened to Sky sports xtra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi bobby25,

Thanks for your post and apologies that Sky Sports Extra is not available to you. 

I've double checked on this with the developers to make sure and I can confirm that as this is an interactive service from Sky, it's not a service available to Virgin Media customers. 

If that changes then we will of course let you know so keep your eyes peeled for any announcements. 

If there is anything else I can do to help, let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bobby25
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Kath.  I could have sworn that we had been connected to SS extra when the first technician on 29th June was so helpful and certainly connected my laptop to Sky anywhere for us (I thought at the time one of the channels was SS extra but if I am wrong I apologise) however it would be good if the two Virgin reps I spoke to on the evening of the 30th knew exactly what Virgin do provide and whether they are part of the tv package or even available to viewers via the internet, the mixed messages they were giving me made a frustrating experience much worse.

Are we to assume that Sky sports extra is not going to be available to Virgin customers in the very near future?   We have already missed two events that we really wanted to see and if this is to be the way of it we might as well just swap over to Sky for everything which would be sad after being customers of yours for as long as we have.    Not impressed

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's Sky's prerogative to keep some of their own channels exclusively for their own direct subscribers.

Just as it's Virgin Media's to mislead their own customers as a matter of course.

bobby25
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F will you answer my question please as to whether Sky sports extra will be available to Virgin customers or not in the near future.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bobby25,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you. I've been on Annual Leave and enjoying the views from Paris. Smiley Happy

Sky Sports extra isn't something that can be accessed by Virgin Media customers so it must have been a different channel you were watching. 

Currently we have no news on if and when it will be available. 

Once we have any news, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos