Menu
freton
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What do I need to access Virgin TV Anywhere (TV on the go)?

I have a 50mb Broadband Internet connection and WiFi enabled router at my second property and wish to pipe Virgin TV Anywhere (TV on the go) through my TV (not a smart TV) at that location.  Whenever I ask Virgin Customer Services about this, they say that they do not understand the question.

any clarification will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What do I need to access Virgin TV Anywhere (TV on the go)?

freton wrote:

I have a 50mb Broadband Internet connection and WiFi enabled router at my second property and wish to pipe Virgin TV Anywhere (TV on the go) through my TV (not a smart TV) at that location.  Whenever I ask Virgin Customer Services about this, they say that they do not understand the question.

Yes I can clarify for you.

CSC don't understand the question. They DON'T UNDERSTAND the QUESTION- clear enough??

Im messing with ya. The problem seems to be you are far too complicated. Not on the script type of thing.

Tv anywhere will work under a limited set of circumstances. You being at another property, with a different set of services, and kind of hoping it all might work....not so much.

"AWAY" mode should work. So you SHOULD be able to watch it on your mobile device, connected to the second propertys wi-fi. But as far as I know, there's no way to translate that into being able to get the same services on the TV in your second property. You would need TiVo and associated TV tier at teh second property for it work. And it would be seperate to the first property's services and TiVo (ie no you could not watch a recording made at home on TV anywhere on your second TiVo or Tv anywhere)

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

freton wrote:

Yes I can clarify for you.

CSC don't understand the question. They DON'T UNDERSTAND the QUESTION- clear enough??

Im messing with ya. The problem seems to be you are far too complicated. Not on the script type of thing.

Tv anywhere will work under a limited set of circumstances. You being at another property, with a different set of services, and kind of hoping it all might work....not so much.

"AWAY" mode should work. So you SHOULD be able to watch it on your mobile device, connected to the second propertys wi-fi. But as far as I know, there's no way to translate that into being able to get the same services on the TV in your second property. You would need TiVo and associated TV tier at teh second property for it work. And it would be seperate to the first property's services and TiVo (ie no you could not watch a recording made at home on TV anywhere on your second TiVo or Tv anywhere)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The answer is simple. You cannot use TV Anywhere to replace multiroom for a second TV.

For example, an attempt to use TV Anywhere on an iPad and stream to a TV via AirPlay mirroring leads to a "Video mirroring not allowed" message. 

The same limitation applies to Sky's equivalent, Sky Go.

0 Kudos
billy36
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Agree with others that you can't do it through tablet or smart phone. However, if you have a laptop with a cable that can connect to the TV as a second (alternative) screen, you can get the picture that way through watching through TV Anywhere website (or Sky Sports website using V Media login) in a browser. You can then use an audio cable to connect from the headphone socket of the laptop to a better audio device, like a (portable) stereo or surround sound system say.

I have a laptop with an HDMI output port and use a standard HDMI - HDMI cable to my plasma TV. I then get sound to my surround sound system using an audio cable from headphone socket as above. As long as the internet (streaming) signal is strong enough on the laptop it works very well.

0 Kudos
billy36
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

p.s. You can then buy a "wireless smart pad and mini keyboard" device to control the laptop from the sofa. ;-)
0 Kudos