Menu
GeriS
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Watching sky Sports

I have signed into Sky Sports as described by Virgin and on Microsoft Edge however it will not allow me to watch Sky Sports as it says it does not support Google which makes no sense as I am not on Google. It looks like I can watch films though which is odder still. I really need this service and am incredibly hacked off at how difficult it is too use let alone this anomaly which has made it impossible.

Please can someone explain how I can watch Sky Sports?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Watching sky Sports

The Sky Movies and Sky Sports websites only currently support Internet Explorer and Firefox on Windows. This is because Sky use Silverlight for playback which isn't supported by Microsoft Edge. Internet Explorer 11 is in Windows 10.

This is shown here:

Technical Requirements for the Sky Movies and Sky Sports apps and website http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=D413080D-461B-40AF-BC50-F584AEBFCBD5

Virgin TV Anywhere in addition to Internet Explorer and Firefox also supports Microsoft Edge, as it currently uses Flash which is built into Edge.

Chrome isn't supported on either TV Anywhere or Sky at present - for TV Anywhere this is because the version of Flash in Chrome isn't fully compatible with the content and device security, and for Sky it's because Chrome doesn't support Silverlight.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Watching sky Sports

The Sky Movies and Sky Sports websites only currently support Internet Explorer and Firefox on Windows. This is because Sky use Silverlight for playback which isn't supported by Microsoft Edge. Internet Explorer 11 is in Windows 10.

This is shown here:

Technical Requirements for the Sky Movies and Sky Sports apps and website http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=D413080D-461B-40AF-BC50-F584AEBFCBD5

Virgin TV Anywhere in addition to Internet Explorer and Firefox also supports Microsoft Edge, as it currently uses Flash which is built into Edge.

Chrome isn't supported on either TV Anywhere or Sky at present - for TV Anywhere this is because the version of Flash in Chrome isn't fully compatible with the content and device security, and for Sky it's because Chrome doesn't support Silverlight.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos