Menu
Dean77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Walking Dead box sets

Hi, I've just subscribed to Virgin and noticed that the Walking Dead boxset for anything before series 7 will not be available from end of today.

Does anyone know when this will be added back and available again?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Walking Dead box sets

Hi Dean77,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to see a new face getting involved in the Community. Smiley Happy

All of our On Demand box sets are reviewed often to ensure we are making room for new content. 

The Walking Dead expires today and will then be removed. Series 7 is the current series where we are loading episodes on a catch up basis. As a new one is added, a previous episode is removed. Usually there is 4 weeks worth there to watch unless there was a fault with previous episodes in which case they will stay a little longer. 

The Walking Dead is certainly a popular series and I'm sure it will be back to view soon enough. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dean77
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but this look like the standard response from other threads dating back from last year.

Please can confirm when exactly, rather than 'soon'.

Much appreciated.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dean77,

There isn't a guarantee that it will be back so we're not able to give you any time frames. 

We have found that content tends to be added just before the newer series is due to air. It usually expires then a few weeks in to the new series. 

Apologies, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ChrisF-L
Just joined
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So, in this case a new series is released and it generates a lot of attention from old and potential new fans.

This is then reviewed by Virgin Media, who decide that rather than allow potential new fans of the show to bring themselves up to speed on what has happened so far, it would be better to remove this content altogether and force anyone wanting to watch older episodes to go elsewhere.

I appreciate that all content is subject to review, but for a series of this magnitude, this decision is certainly one of the most baffling and ridiculous I have seen.  There can't be much sound rationale for this.

But, fairly consistent with a provider that continually increases it's prices and tries to pass it off as being acceptable due to all the additional extras that will be offered.  Laughable.

Dean77
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Does seem pretty ridiculous. Either way, found that amazon prime have all the older seasons available under their 30 days free trial. Easy decision really...
0 Kudos
lizwal
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have recently started watching the Walking Dead and only managed to get half way through series 3 to find the option for the rest has been removed with no warning. I called Virgin to be told there were technical issues and it should be back by 6pm Saturday 12.11.16. After reading some of the comments on here that would appear to be incorrect. Can someone explain why this was said and what the actual truth is?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi lizwal, 

Thanks for your post and apologies that you were unable to watch all of The Walking Dead before it expired. 

I'm not sure why the team thought this was down to technical issues however what you're saying could well explain a communication we received confirming it wasn't a fault this morning Smiley Happy 

More often than not, if we have any issues with On Demand or Catch Up we work hard to get them resolved asap. 

Again I am so sorry were you led to believe that it would be back. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos