Menu
hollybob1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WHY AM I BEING TOLD THERE IS NO TIVO BOX ON MY NETWORK......WHEN THERE IS..!

I have two TIVO boxes in my house as well as an ordinary HD box.    I have installed the Virgin anywhere app on my LG S3 phone.

Although it will allow me to record programmes from my phone.....it won;t allow me to watch any 'live TV'.

First I get a warning box headed 'Not connected to TV Box on Home'.

I pressed connect.

After the little connecting circle keeps spinning round I eventually get another message headed 'TIVO Box not found on this network'....!

This is ridculous because I am watching the TIVO box now as I'm typing this....!

Anyone know what the problem is.....?

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHY AM I BEING TOLD THERE IS NO TIVO BOX ON MY NETWORK......WHEN THERE IS..!

Have you connected your TiVo box to your home network with an Ethernet cable? As that's what you need to do to get it on your network, which then allows some additional remote control features.

However, in order to watch live TV it is not required to connect the TiVo box to the network, it sounds most likely that you're trying to watch a channel that is not available for streaming, so the app is trying to play it on the TiVo instead, look for the channels that have the little "Wi-Fi" type symbol next to them in the TV guide on the app.