Menu
Miley1983
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv nowhere

So as massive company selling the uk best broadband three times in the last week I've tried to watch football on tv anywhere (bt sport) keep getting signing in error due to experiencing high demand .......

As a paying customer to you every month think it's a bit of a sorry service to be honest (had previous problems when updating iPhone/iPad) you guys can send me 200mbps broadband but cannot run a big enough server for your customers to view there package via an app ??

Just find this really annoying
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin tv nowhere

Hi Miley1983,

Thanks for your post and my apologies for the issues you were experiencing during the game. 

The team have been working on a fix for this for a good few months and all went live last week. We have seen a huge reduction in the number of complaints on this however we're not sure why this is still happening. 

I have passed all feedback back to the team regarding this however for the time being you may still see an issue with this when the demand is really high. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Miley1983
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

We're currently experiencing high levels of demand and are having difficulty connecting to your TiVo service.please try again in a few minutes.........
I have tried for the last week 😳

Could somebody within virgin get back to me on this what exactly is the problem ??

Could you not provide a fix for this eg. Provide your customers a bigger server for TVs anytime ?? Never did I have this problem with sky go

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Miley1983,

Thanks for your post and my apologies for the issues you were experiencing during the game. 

The team have been working on a fix for this for a good few months and all went live last week. We have seen a huge reduction in the number of complaints on this however we're not sure why this is still happening. 

I have passed all feedback back to the team regarding this however for the time being you may still see an issue with this when the demand is really high. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Miley1983
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello again kath so I have noticed I needed to update my app on both iPhone6s and iPad Air now when I stream channel4 (104) It now asks me to register my device again so my question now is do I have to make a choice of which device I want to register as you only permit 1 device change per month ? I previously had problems with this and you helped me out last time by giving me an extra device change could this be possible again ? Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
peds32
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Having come over from Sky to join Virgin and now 2 months in,   how I am now regretting it.

Discounting the various problems encountered over the transfer and being mislead and the TiVo box is so slow by comparison to Sky I cannot access Virgin Anywhere.

Everytime I try it I get the response that "too much demand try later".  What kind of tin pot company offers services that they simply cannot provide.  The use of this services was fundamental to my decision and feel that this is yet another failing of the obligations that they are supposed to provide.

Miley1983
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Anyone be able to help ?
0 Kudos
Miley1983
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

We're currently experiencing high levels of demand and are having difficulty connecting to your TiVo service.please try again in a few minutes.........
I have tried for the last week 😳

Could somebody within virgin get back to me on this what exactly is the problem ??

Could you not provide a fix for this eg. Provide your customers a bigger server for TVs anytime ?? Never did I have this problem with sky go

0 Kudos
Miley1983
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media TVs anywhere and sky sports app nothing is working could anyone explain what is going on ??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Miley1983,

Thanks for your posts and apologies for the delay in responding to you. 

We answer posts on a latest post date order so any that get responded to tend to go back down in the queue. We'd only recommend bumping or re-posting on the thread if you've since resolved the issue or haven't had a reply within 7 days. 

The error message that you have seen is a known fault we have been working on getting resolved. A fix for this did go live just over 2 weeks ago however we've since seen more reports although not half as many. The fix we put in place is working, just not for all.

We are still working on this and hope to have a total resolve soon. In the meantime, try using TV Anywhere during non peak hours or log on a few minutes before any major viewing times. 

I know that's not the best resolve for this but it is a work around whilst the issue remains. 

With regards to register the devices, have you been able to do this yet?

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The fix we put in place is working, just not for all.

Not a fix at all then.

We are still working on this and hope to have a total resolve soon. In the meantime, try using TV Anywhere during non peak hours or log on a few minutes before any major viewing times. 

This one really takes the biscuit.  Kath have you heard yourself?  

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Your admission that TV Anywhere is unfit for purpose is great ammo for the letter I am writing to VM right now.