Menu
Dan77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv anywhere

Hi, Ive had my new tivo box a week now and decided to download the tv anywhere app for my Samsung galaxy tab s and Samsung s6 edge, everytime I try to login In I get invalid username or password. I've had the same username and password all the time I have been with virgin, many years since the ntl days and know it's right and even logged in to virginmedia just to check, can anyone shed light on this problem for me.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin tv anywhere

Hi Dan77,

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If you device was launched with Android 6.0.1 then it won't work however if the devices were launched on a previous software then updating the 6.0.1 software should cause TV Anywhere not to work. 

As suggested by Ben, when going to anywhere.virginmedia.com are you able to sign in successfully? If so then double check your devices aren't automatically putting in your email address and / or password as sometimes it can auto capitalise or add a space. 

Come back and let us know how things are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Dan77
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kath_F,

Unfortunately I haven't got a pc however I can switch my pad to pc mode in the browser and yes I can login but not for tv viewing purposes as my pad isn't supported in pc mode. I have checked that I am not auto capitalising or spacing and I presume I didn't start off on android 6.0.1 because I have had pad and phone for some time.

Thanks Dan

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan77,

Thank you for your post, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read about the app. Whenever there are issue it's best to carry out some of the following practices:-

• Sign out and sign back in, after clearing your cache/temp files. Make sure when signing into TV Anywhere, that the caps lock is monitored and the username and password are typed correctly.
  • Can you sign into TV Anywhere from a PC to see if it streams?
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
  • Check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is unsupported.

Give these a go and please get back to me when you can.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Dan77
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenD_H,

Thanks for getting back to me I think you have solved it I didn't realise about the android version not being supported Ive just checked my pad and phone both are on 6.0.1 oh well at least I know why it won't work thanks for the help.

Dan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dan77,

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If you device was launched with Android 6.0.1 then it won't work however if the devices were launched on a previous software then updating the 6.0.1 software should cause TV Anywhere not to work. 

As suggested by Ben, when going to anywhere.virginmedia.com are you able to sign in successfully? If so then double check your devices aren't automatically putting in your email address and / or password as sometimes it can auto capitalise or add a space. 

Come back and let us know how things are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Dan77
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kath_F,

Unfortunately I haven't got a pc however I can switch my pad to pc mode in the browser and yes I can login but not for tv viewing purposes as my pad isn't supported in pc mode. I have checked that I am not auto capitalising or spacing and I presume I didn't start off on android 6.0.1 because I have had pad and phone for some time.

Thanks Dan

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your time and patience on this one. 

In the event where our tests still result in this way, it's best to call in. Call us on 150/ 0345 454 1111, second number for non Virgin Media lines.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Topic63
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The latest update does not work, read the reviews from all the other users.

this is not an isolated occurrence everyone is suffering problems with the TV 'nowhere' app! 

0 Kudos