Menu
fwhiten
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv anywhere app not working

I used to be able to click on the virgin tv app and set my tito box to record programmes, but this has stopped working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my mobile phone but still no luck. Also, I have never been able to actually watch TV anywhere on this app. What is wrong?

Helpful Answers
Caz
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin tv anywhere app not working

Quite a few of us are posting with this problem but so far no one as offered any explanation.

Jinnie1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just had engineer visit after raising issue of TV Anywhere not streaming properly or telling me insufficient bandwidth etc.  Also pixelating screen and stuttering of sounds.  Now been told that it is an issue with the app that is not just confined to iPad but android and pc.  Apparently as it has now been raised by various customers they are working on providing an update for the app but not time scale given.  So dont hold your breath.  As this is supposed to be part of the package one is paying think it is time to raise an issue regarding refund for service not being available

All Replies
Caz
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Quite a few of us are posting with this problem but so far no one as offered any explanation.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi fwhiten, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to record programmes via the app. 

In order to help with this, I will need a little more information. 

What is the make and model of your device? 

What is the OS you are running on it?

What error message are you getting when trying to set a recording? 

As you haven't been able to stream, what error message do you get when trying to stream too?

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Buzby16
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi i m not a tech but I think like my tablet which is 5 years old and less than 4.1 it won't work I have posted to find out if this is the case?

It used to work on 27feb17 but not on 28 feb17 onwards,which is a surprise as all my other 50+ apps work after updates?London transport U tube skype,

I think it probably costs money to make apps work for all devices and I could be wrong but from my many dealings with vm they only want your money and can't be bothered to give you the service As I say I could be wrong!.it would need a I T tech eng to enlighten us please?

Jinnie1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just had engineer visit after raising issue of TV Anywhere not streaming properly or telling me insufficient bandwidth etc.  Also pixelating screen and stuttering of sounds.  Now been told that it is an issue with the app that is not just confined to iPad but android and pc.  Apparently as it has now been raised by various customers they are working on providing an update for the app but not time scale given.  So dont hold your breath.  As this is supposed to be part of the package one is paying think it is time to raise an issue regarding refund for service not being available