Menu
police666
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv anywhere and three network

Does the virgin tv anywhere app work using the three mobile network?

Sky movies app works ok but it appears the tv anywhere app doesn't. (it works ok on my virgin Wifi)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tv anywhere and three network

TV Anywhere itself is currently streaming via a WiFi connection only, but the rest of the app functions will work over mobile data.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
police666
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well that's a bit pointless, tv anywhere should be called tv where you have access to Wifi.

It won't run on a rooted device either, so can't use a wifi spoofer wither.

Oh well.
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I personally dont get it,i can stream movies all day on youtube via my three network on my iphone but cant stream virgin media content,why isent virgin allowing streaming on three mobile network ??it would be killer if they updated there tvanywere app that actually works..

IMG_0639.PNG

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
mr_vpw
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The "You need to connect with Wi-Fi" limitation is annoying at best, makes the service totally worthless in reality for some of us. As police666 says, it's not much use to me if I have to be somewhere with Wi-Fi - firstly, I don't really want to use some random wireless hotspot that is likely over-subscribed and slower than my 4G service, secondly I pay a lot of money to have 100GB+ of 4G data, on my iPad and I expect to be able to use it for you know... the internet...

I'd quite understand not allowing it by default, and having an option in settings to change that - common on many apps, but an outright not able to use wasn't clear to me (I note the web site does seem to mention it now but not in the blurb they've sent me a million times or read before I'd signed up) - and means I cannot use it, so it's another thing I feel mis-sold over as that's a feature I very much value.
0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Great reply..
Im on all the data i can eat on three,data not a problem.id like a member of virgin to explain why we cant have this work on three mobile network..if i was sitting in my car in the middle of nowere,i couldent use "tv anywhere" because we cant use it anywhere..change the name of the app to wifitv or something and stop conning us..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
Rs101
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The daftest aspect of it is that you can put your phone into hotspot mode, then connect another phone or tablet to it and watch TVAnywhere on that...