Menu
snowyk42
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin's TV Anywhere

Is it purely coincidence that every time there is a really important football match on Sky or BT, it is impossible to access TV Anywhere.

Three times in the last two weeks I have been unable to sign in, due to error code 404 and on reporting the fact, I have been told "There is a problem which will be fixed in 24 hours"!!!!!

Surely, if it is possible to watch the match on TV it should be available on registered devices.

0 Kudos
timscott69
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin's TV Anywhere

I have had the exact same problem on the 5th, 6th, 7th and yesterday (12th). The premier league game on Saturday worked fine as did the games on Sky via their website.

I'm in Area 31, is this happening in other areas too?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi snowyk42, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you here and I can only apologise for the continued issues you are having. 

We have been working on this and as well as making changes in the background to help relieve things, we've also tried increasing the capacity hoping this would fix things. 

It looks as though we need to go back to the drawing board so we are trying a new approach as everything we are currently doing doesn't seem to be working Smiley Sad

We are looking to try and identify any trends with the errors you are getting against the devices or OS you are using. Can you come back to me with the following:
> What is the Full make and Model of your device?
> What is the OS Version?
> What is the EXACT error message you are getting?

I know you are frustrated but hopefully this will help us reach a resolve. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
snowyk42
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your message was very timely.

I was watching tonight's big match with absolutely no problem and at half-time, switched to Outlook, to send an important email.

My attempts to sign in for the second half have been unsuccessful.

My laptop is an Asus X555L, using Windows 8. The error message this evening is the same as yesterday's when the big match again could not be watched- 404.

It is concerning that your message implies you currently have no solution, which makes a mockery of your text, confirming the problem had been fixed.

Quite frankly, trying to sign in to TV anywhere is as successful as spinning a coin and calling correctly!

Very, very frustrating.

snowyk42

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi snowyk42.

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I have added this information to the spreadsheet we are collating the information on. 

For now, there isn't much else I can do apart from apologise but rest assured we are doing what we can to get this resolved. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
snowyk42
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Guess what??

Third night running and no big match!

Managed to sign in and then got an error message - "error - virginmedia.com...."

Tried again and got the previous message repeated - 404.

I was with Sky for 20 years and transferred to Virgin so that I could watch both Sky Sports and BT Sports.

The result is I can't watch either and I can't watch anything else on my laptop.

I always used to  watch football on my laptop whilst my wife watched her progs on the TV.

Why does Virgin not advise customers of an ongoing problem with TV Anywhere. In an earlier phone call I was told it was a national problem and not limited to my locality?

snowyk42