Menu
Deanthompson94
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media sky TV device registration

I've noticed when logging into sky TV online through my virgin media log in that my registered devices are not correct. I know there are two device sections, one for virgin anywhere and one for sky TV. However when I first started with virgin media I registered my desktop as a device and my brother registered his desktop also, after this my brother took his desktop to my dad's who lives else where, and when attempting to login he got the device limit reached message.
We had not changed any devices registrations, software or hardware.

So does anyone know if they use the IP address to determine the device being used? I'm asking as that's is the only thing that could have been different to affect it.

If so I would of expected them to use the Mac address of the device as this doesn't change ( I think, could be wrong).

Has anyone else experienced this? Also if it is IP address is there a way around it without having to use a VPN or something similar?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media sky TV device registration

AFAIK its MAC addy.  Thats not a wild guess BTW , from the fact that changing OS prompts a re-register, and you can stream on WiFi outside the home, it HAS to be Mac addy.

Is your brothers computer still showing as a registered device?

Is it hard wired at your dads place? If so try it wireless.

0 Kudos