Menu
John1956manc
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin anywhere

I watch my virgin TV package with the anywhere service when visiting my sons, normally to watch the sky sports channels. Never really had a problem before. Recently when signing in and attempting to watch the sky sports channels it instructs me to download its new viewing system. I go through the procedure and all I get is error code 7005. I spoke to a virgin adviser on Monday 24th July regarding this problem, he claimed he had not heard of the problem despite it being all over twitter and the forums. It has got past blaming Sky, we pay you Virgin Media, please get it sorted.

0 Kudos
MGB54
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin anywhere

This is ridiculous - if you look at some of the other entries on this forum you can see the number of people that have complained about problems regarding the new Sky Player for Virgin  - and the Error code 7005 (amongst other error codes and problems) - including myself.

Virgin seem to be very good at hiding their heads in the sand  and denying that there is any fault that they maybe responsible for. I contacted Virgin several weeks ago  about the problem - they said then, that they weren't aware of any faults, but if you look at the date of messages on the forum they knew perfectly well that there was a problem. 

They certainly have not rushed to find a solution although they said a while ago that they were working towards getting a solution agreed with Sky - I have had no update on this.

I'm fed up. No solutions have materialised since this started for me at the start of July.

0 Kudos
severnbore
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What I see with my Virgin package & TV etc is a list of programmes on the ANYWHERE, most of which to start with I can't select and it seems to be very CUT DOWN. OK.     IF IT WORKED!

If you go to BBC iplayer or ITV Hub there is a list of live programmes and the library of back programmes,  I have never known them fail.  Therefore IMHO 'plugins' to the list of ANYWHERE, should be to the same standard.

But the ANYWHERE service generally doesn't go a week, without one failure or another, particularly repeating\looping.

There's doesn't seem to be a dedicated help for ANYWHERE, seems to fall between Broadband issues & TV package.

As of this moment, IT AIN'T working again!  Sign in OK, select programme\watch - then loading to NO WHERE.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I'm really sorry for the trouble this is has caused, I understand how frustrating it is.

We're currently waiting for an update from Sky to get this issue resolved. As soon as we hear anything we'll update the Community.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MGB54
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply - but for the last few weeks, I have seen that same post  over and over again and nothing has happened.

Even and update on the 'update' would be nice!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi MGB54,

I'm really sorry, I understand how frustrating this is.

We still don't have any updates on this. Examples have been passed over to Sky and they are aware of the issues currently affecting their platform.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MGB54
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK -

Thanks for the reply

0 Kudos