Menu
fergusmc
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin anywhere Nexus 9

Have a nexus 9 tablet, updated to the latest version of android. Download the anywhere app, register the device, it see's the tivo and gives me the program guide.

When I click on a tv show and select "watch on tablet" I get the spinning circle of doom. Work no problem on my Mac.

Any advice?

0 Kudos
deek0
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin anywhere Nexus 9

I get this issue too with my N9.  Usually removing the app clearing the cache and restarting resolves it. 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The latest version of Android is marshmallow.

Sadly after almost eight months later still not supported by Virgin
There is a long thread about this and Samsung s7 it affects all phones using the software version
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The latest version is actually Nougat but they still have not got it to work properly with Marshmallow so I am not holding my breath for my Nexus 6P on Nougat to be working
0 Kudos
fergusmc
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well....

As mentioned it's a case of the app not working with the latest versions of android.

Also called customer services which was a bit of a laugh. First chap I spoke to didn't really do or say much but went to speak with the "techs" and I was suddenly put through to another chap who was all over the place. Firstly he asked for my password, when I told him I wasn't giving him my complete password he then asked for the 3 characters. Got me to do the whole "turn it off, turn it back on" even though I told him I had done this several times and re-installed the app. He also got me to try ITV as the app might not get BBC channels as they had their own player (iplayer), utter nonsense. 

Anyway after 20 minutes of repeatedly telling the guy it was a Nexus 9, running android 7.0 and not a Nexus 7 (which he kept saying) he apologized for forgetting to tell me anything over 6.1 wouldn't work. His coup de grace was trying to get me to believe that "android had put out an update without telling virgin" as if they'd done it in the middle of the night. Told him that these updates were common knowledge and even Joe public knew about them months in advance. To be fair he just kept on with the same bare faced lies as if he was talking to an idiot.

So, my first experience of virgin media customer services would seem to be like lots of other people's experience, very, very poor.

Ah well......

0 Kudos