Menu
Boardh
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Tv anywhere - not recognising registered device suddenly

Hi. I have been watching TV anywhere for months on my iPad. Suddenly from this morning it tells me I need to register my device before I can watch anything. I go to the register device page and my iPad already shows. I have tried deleting this and re registering but I get the same message when I go back to the TV anywhere app and try to view a programme.

help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Tv anywhere - not recognising registered device suddenly

Hey Boardh,

Welcome to the Community.

Really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with our TV Anywhere service.

I'd like to look into this further for you, but I am unable to locate your account information at present.

Could you respond to the private message I've sent you, which you can locate by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

Catch you in a bit,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nat_J wrote:

Hey Boardh,

Welcome to the Community.

Really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with our TV Anywhere service.

I'd like to look into this further for you, but I am unable to locate your account information at present.

Could you respond to the private message I've sent you, which you can locate by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

Catch you in a bit,

Nat_J

I'm getting the same issue as well.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi brightonjohn,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the time it''s taken for us to read your post. We're running a little behind on the boards and only now reaching your thread Smiley Sad 

There was a known issue surrounding this back when you posted. Since posting though have you had any similar issues?

If so come back and let us know so we can investigate this for you. Also welcome to the forums Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to say its not fixed. It keeps asking me to register my iPad even although when I try it is shows that it is. Secondly, and this may be related, it shows all TV channels when I click on the streaming icon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi brightonjohn, 

Thanks for coming back to me and letting me know things still aren't working for you. 

It may be best to re-register your device just to refresh everything. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi brightonjohn, 

Thanks for coming back to me and letting me know things still aren't working for you. 

It may be best to re-register your device just to refresh everything. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Many thanks Kath - that sorted it.

J

0 Kudos