Menu
bever23
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV anywhere on Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro

I am unable to watch live TV on my Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro.

I get the error, unathorised moderations detected. I have done some reearch and found out this happens when you root your device. i have not done that and even downloaded and app to make sure and it confirmed this. Is there any way around this?

It is running Andriod 5.1

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV anywhere on Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro

Hi bever23,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that TV Anywhere isn't working for you currently. 

If the device isn't rooted, then this error only appears if a modification has been made to the OS, or it can also happen if you have a Superuser all or SuperSU app on the device. 

Either way, it means there is an issue with the device that is making TV Anywhere pick up the unauthorized changes. 

If you have either of those apps on the device, un-install then and try again. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bever23
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have not altered the OS at all and I do not have either of those apps installed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bever23,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

Something has happened or been installed on the device to make the app think the Tab 3 is rooted.

Whilst you are getting this error message there isn't really much support we can offer. Smiley Sad

Maybe one of the community members can help you establish what's been installed to change the status of this device Smiley Happy

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Xpower360
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone 

Can I just say I have the exact same problem and same tablet. So I purchased mine brand new from curry's online.

I have not rooted my tablet in fact I had to look it up to find out what rooting ment. Also I haven't got any of the apps mentioned  installed.

So has anyone restored there tablet back to factory and then only install TV Anywhere before any other apps to see if it works.

If doing this still gives us the unauthorised modifications notice then surely the problem lies with lenovo and the way the tablet was configured at production.

Hope someone has a solution to this soon as I only brought this tablet to use with TV Anywhere and the projector when I go on holiday.

Stevekennoy
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issue , brand new yoga tab and it say same message , come on guys it's a problem with the vigin app not the tablets get it sorted please
Jefflorduk
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Any joy solving this? I have the lenovo tab 3 pro also. New never rooted etc. Same problem. It would appear the tab 3 works but not the pro. 

0 Kudos