Menu
StephenAllan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV anywhere app

When will the Virgin TV anywhere app be available on the Windows phone store as at the moment it appears to only be available on Google Play and The Apple App store and I have a Windows phone and would like to download the app and feel that it should also be available for Windows phone holders as it seems a little unfair only being available for Android devices or Apple devices.  Surely Virgin would want the app to be available for more people to be able to download it as that would be better.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV anywhere app

Hi StephenAllan, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're not able to use TV Anywhere via your Smartphone. 

Currently we have no plans to introduce an app for Windows. We are always looking at ways to improve it though so it doesn't mean we never will. 

In the meantime, you are able to use TV Anywhere online using a PC or laptop by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
StephenAllan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Kathy.  I feel a little angry that there are no current plans to make one available for Windows phones as there should be plans because if Virgin care about their customers then they would make plans to make the app available for Windows phones as surely Virgin know that there will be Virgin TV customers who do have Windows phones.   Do you know why one was not made available for Windows phones when the app first came out as it does not make sense only having one available for Apple or Android?  This is a big let down and I feel that the app developers must have something against Windows phones.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi StephenAllan, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Initially the app was only made available to iOS users. Android users had a long wait until it became available to them. 

I do understand the frustration however the decision for not having an app compatible with Windows phones / tablets is based on the business needs as well as the customer needs. This is reviewed regularly so it's not to say that this won't change as Windows phones are becoming more and more popular.

Hopefully one day you will be able to stream from your device Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
StephenAllan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kathy.  I do however have an Amazon Kindle Fire and I can get the app on that but it would have been better to be able to get it on my Windows phone as I take that everywhere with me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi StephenAllan, 

Thanks again for coming back Smiley Happy

I totally get it. Currently I'm at a loss as I have upgraded my phone to the new Samsung Galaxy S7 after being an avid iPhone user for 7 years. Currently any devices that are launched with OS 6.0.1, TV Anywhere won't work with them. 

I'm sure this is a topic that is brought up in most meetings when discussing the future of TV Anywhere. If we catch wind of any news on this, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
MarkP59
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I also have just updated my phone from Samsung S5 to S7 Edge, and am very disappointed to find I can no longer use TV anywhere app. When are Virgin going to update this service?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi MarkP59,

Thanks for your post and apologies that your new phone isn't working on TV Anywhere. It's not the phone itself that is unsupported. It's the OS. Android have changed something within the OS and the TV Anywhere app doesn't recognise this. 

We are making improvements to the app so will be rolling out an update but currently TV Anywhere won't work for any devices launched on 6.0.1. 

If the device was launched on a previous OS but has since updated then TV Anywhere will work. 

Don't forget you can still use TV Anywhere on your PC / Laptop too. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
MarkP59
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. You nearly answered my question. I did not ask why it did not work, but thanks for the explanation. I did ask when will you make it work. You have not given any indication when you will roll out the update. Is this likely to be in the next couple of weeks?

Kath_F wrote:

Hi MarkP59,

Thanks for your post and apologies that your new phone isn't working on TV Anywhere. It's not the phone itself that is unsupported. It's the OS. Android have changed something within the OS and the TV Anywhere app doesn't recognise this. 

We are making improvements to the app so will be rolling out an update but currently TV Anywhere won't work for any devices launched on 6.0.1. 

If the device was launched on a previous OS but has since updated then TV Anywhere will work. 

Don't forget you can still use TV Anywhere on your PC / Laptop too. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi MarkP59,

I don't have any dates to be able to offer you I'm afraid otherwise I would have included them in my post. 

As soon as we have any information on the new update, we shall let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos