Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15 (267 Views)

Virgin TV On iPad

For some reason my iPad became unregistered from my Virgin Media TiVo box, when it asked me to register it told me I couldn't until 1st December I'm the only person who uses it. 

Any ideas how I can it re-registered asap?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15 (233 Views)

Re: Virgin TV On iPad

Hi Mc37,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV Anywhere.

I've added an extra Device Change for you. Can you try adding your device again for me?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15 (229 Views)

Very kind Thank you I am now back up and running

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15 (224 Views)

Hi Mc37,

That's great!

Let me know if you need anything else.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 15 (194 Views)

My iPad Air is unable to stream anything at all. I simply get a V1001 streaming error. I also get this error when trying to use the device registration on the Settings. One of your help team (Sanjiv) assured me (after over an hour) that there was a problem with the app but it would be resolved within 24 hours. This was some weeks ago and I still can't use TV Anywhere. 

Does anybody have have any ideas what I can try?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15 (162 Views)

Hi Artilliam, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that TV Anywhere isn't working for you on your iPad. This error can come up for a few different reasons. 

When I've gone in to your account, it's not currently showing any devices registered. 

Can you try deleting the app for me on the iPad. Make sure your iOS is up to date and reboot it. Once you've done this, re-download TV Anywhere from the App Store and launch the app. 

Make sure your device is connected to wifi.

Are you able to sign in at this point? 

If yes, try to stream channel 4. What happens? 

Come back and let me know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 15 (158 Views)

Hi Kate,

I was already aware that there were no devices registered after a 1 hour 20 minute conversatipn with Savjiv who took remote access of my laptop and proceeded to download Firefox (along with McAfee and several other packaged articles, which are a bloody nightmare to remove!) without  my permission. I was then informed that there was a problem with the app which would resolved by that evening. That was several weeks ago. I am going to attach 2 screen-shots. In the first you will notice that I don't have a listing for Channel 4 and so I am unable to carry out the last part of your request (although I have done everything else you suggested). I'd did try to connect to BBC2 and the second photo shows the result.

IMG_0974.PNGIMG_0975.PNG

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 15 (138 Views)

I have now paid £4.99 on the Photon app to provide me with Flash Player and the thing still won't work.

BT and Sky are starting to look good!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 9 of 15 (134 Views)

The apps don't use Flash so purchasing that app won't resolve anything.

Looking at the app listings then something is wrong there. You shouldn't have a streaming option next to any of the HD channels - streaming is from SD channels only. Also 108 is BBC One HD, not BBC Two HD so the app is showing the wrong listings. Plus you should see Channel 4.

Have you tried uninstalling the TV Anywhere app at all? If not I'd suggest doing that, and reboot the iPad after uninstalling TV Anywhere and before you reinstall it.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Joining in
Message 10 of 15 (121 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestion, but yes I've tried all that. 

Buying Photon was due to comments made by a Virgin help-desk person who claimed my problem was to do with registering devices and I couldn't do that by logging in to the website through Safari and that I would need a Flash-enabled browser!

Good old Sanjiv! I know you aren't here in an official capacity and you are trying to help, which I really you appreciate, but several of my friends here in Bedford have had similar poor experiences with your customer support service.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

0 Kudos