Menu
chmbrs
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Anywhere

Can't access TV Anywhere anyhow.  MacBook Air just hangs after signing in via Safari 10.1.2.  Won't show registered devices just the whirl of death under Devices which says "Loading" but never does. Have tried emptying cache - no progress. Cant even register my MacBook - which I have registered several times before but the website never remembers my devices for long.  I get a little further on my iPad which shows my iPad as registered but claims not to be registered when I try to use it and also one available device slot. I have had endless problems with TVA and have mostly given up - its just an awkward site.  The app for iPad is far too restrictive and has far too few channels and the website version just doesn't work and is a pain to log onto.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Anywhere

Hi chmbrs,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV Anywhere.

I've located your account and there are currently no device showing as registered on your account. Could you try re-registering the Macbook so we can try and sort it out for you?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
chmbrs
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Josh. Well I would register my MacBook if the TV Anywhere site would open the page but it won't. All I get is the spinning wheel saying "loading devices please wait". So I wait, but nothing goes any further so I can't register the device. I have tried deleting internet history and cached data but no progress. No idea what the issue is as you seem to be able to access the relevant page.

Using Tv Anywhere on my iPad showed my iPad as registered, but still didn't allow access from the iPad as it doesn't recognise my iPad as the iPad registered - although of course it is. I have previously registered both my devices but TV Anywhere keeps deleting them and then registering that as a change and thus preventing any further changes. I would say I have had problems with TVA for three years now but only occasionally can I summon up the energy to try to sort it out. I'm not so concerned about the iPad as the app version of TV Anywhere is so poor - hardly any stations and not the ones I want to watch, but I would like to be able to use the website version. RC

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi chmbrs,

Thanks for getting back to me.

which web browser are you using to try and access TV Anywhere on your Mac?

Speak soon

Josh

0 Kudos
chmbrs
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was using Safari on my MacBook but had no joy with that - just the loading message despite having cleared out Safari history and cache. I have since installed Firefox and I have been able to register my laptop and access TVA through that. I haven't bothered with my iPad or phone as the TVA app is so restricted that most channels I would watch from the very limited selection are available on other platforms. The ones I might watch - like BT Sport - aren't available on the App irritatingly. It now remains to been whether my device stays registered. In the past my devices have spontaneously de-registered and then counted that as a device change. Seems a very buggy app. R.

0 Kudos
chmbrs
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh. Firefox now has the same problem as Safari had. Won't load my devices and won't let me access TVA. As this issue has now affected two different browsers I suspect it is some setting on my computer that isn't correct, but I have no idea what this might be. I also cannot sign in on the TVA page when trying to access the forum on my laptop and have had to use iPad to post a further reply on this string. R

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi chmbrs,

Thanks for the response.

It does seem like there may be an issue with your PC. Does you get simliar issues with other websites you visit or is it isolated to TV Anywhere and the Forum?

Speak soon

Josh

0 Kudos
chmbrs
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just TV Anywhere. Everything else fine. I downloaded Firefox recently specifically to access TVA, and it worked for a day or two. Next time I tried the TVA site wouldn't load the devices page or allow streaming. I agree it seems to be something about my PC but have deleted cookies and browsing history from the browser and can't think which Setting might create the problem as it only occurs with specific parts of the TVA site. I can load the start pages and content for instance. I have to say I have constant issues with TVA with my devices continually being de-registered by the site itself and then that de-registration being counted as a device change even though I didn't initiate it. Any ideas on which settings might specifically affect the ability to recognise my laptop? RC
0 Kudos
chmbrs
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh.  Just tried another solution that also did not work.  Deleted the Firefox browser and then re-installed it.  Still get the cycling wheel when Firefox tries to detect my device, exactly the same as Safari.  Just won't recognise my MacBook at all - or maybe that page on the website won't load.  Obviously without being able to reach the devices page I can't even re-register my device.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi chmbrs,

I'd like to try some further diagnostics on this but I'll need some information from you to go ahead. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details.

Speak soon

Josh

0 Kudos