Menu
chmbrs
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Anywhere not working

Virgin TV Anywhere is not working on my desktop or laptop - my two registered devices (Mac Mini desktop and Macbook Air laptop.  I can access the site and select the live broadcast I want to watch but on clicking the play arrow the screen just goes white.  I have previously been able to connect on both of these devices.  I have recently installed Sierra on both machines.  I have been using Safari as browser as I understand you don't support Chrome - which is a nuisance as I then can't cast the programme via Chromecast. Very irritating.

0 Kudos
Tyo2016
Joining in
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Anywhere not working

I am having the same problem white screen on computer and the app does not work on my iPad I changed from Sky and I am very disappointed with Virgin Anywhere 

chmbrs wrote:

Virgin TV Anywhere is not working on my desktop or laptop - my two registered devices (Mac Mini desktop and Macbook Air laptop.  I can access the site and select the live broadcast I want to watch but on clicking the play arrow the screen just goes white.  I have previously been able to connect on both of these devices.  I have recently installed Sierra on both machines.  I have been using Safari as browser as I understand you don't support Chrome - which is a nuisance as I then can't cast the programme via Chromecast. Very irritating.

0 Kudos
Johan
Dialled in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, infuriating

0 Kudos
Dantempest
Tuning in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Same problem and I just upgraded to watch champions league, at least dick Turpin wore a mask

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thank you for your posts, I'm sorry to read about the app. Whenever there are issue it's best to carry out some of the following practices:-

• Sign out and sign back in, after clearing your cache/temp files. Make sure when signing in anywhere, that the caps lock is monitored and the username and password are typed correctly.
  • Can you sign into TV Anywhere from a PC to see if it streams?
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
  • Check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is unsupported.

Give these a go and please get back to me when you can.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Dantempest
Tuning in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I did all that yesterday via telephone, going between laptop and IPad, deleting, reinstalling, renaming, reverting back to settings then reopening in ipad, still the same.
I do not want to use up my 1 extra install in case it does the same, as i have ten days till the next football game i wish to see, so i am hoping whatever bug is fixed by then. I had hoped the ios update yesterday would have helped but unfortunately not
thx

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dantempest,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

Don't worry about losing any allowances, I can refresh them for you here if you're carrying out tests Smiley Happy

Please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

chmbrs
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have signed in and out. I have re-booted both machines. I can see that both my devices are registered and any re-name changes seem to be noted with the date of the change.  I don't have any access to a PC - all my stuff is Apple. I am not using an app - I am signing in on the virginmedia website as my registered devices are a desktop and a laptop. I would use the app on my iPad but as I don't have TiVo I don't think the app supports iPad use.  I haven't deleted devices yet as this is limited to one change per month and really it should work without having to delete. RC

0 Kudos
Dantempest
Tuning in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben, 

i shall delete my iPad and try again, if it fails to work, if I may ask for one more allowance prior to the soccer match in the Champeons league, as I will register my laptop

cheers

Dan

0 Kudos
chmbrs
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

OK.  I have now managed to get my laptop connected to TV Anywhere and playing content, by deleting the device and re-registering it.  I assume that installing the latest Mac software update - Sierra - on both my devices, resulted in the TV Anywhere website failing to recognise my machines.  That still leaves me with my desktop registered but not being recognised.  I'd be grateful if someone could release an extra device slot so I can try re-registering that machine as well. It's a pity that TV Anywhere isn't better designed and maintained really. And why isn't Chrome supported and why doesn't the iPad app work unless you have Tivo as well?

0 Kudos