Menu
debnet
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Anywhere app is not connecting to Tivo box

I have seen a number of posts from other users who have had this problem, but they seem to suggest that the Tivo box needs to be connected to the Superhub by ethernet cable. 

Our house is not set up that way, the cables are split outside, the TV cable coming into a room at the front of the house, and the cable for the internet coming into the house at the other end.

Please tell me this won't stop me from checking the box etc using my iPhone.

Everything is on the same account/network.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin TV Anywhere app is not connecting to Tivo box

To use the vast majority of TV Anywhere app function does not require a connection between TiVo and Superhub.

Without the connection, you can:

- stream those channels with the wifi symbol via wifi

- manage all TiVo resources, guide, planned recordings, series links, etc via wifi and mobile data

With the connection, you can use the TV Anywhere app as a replacement for your physical TiVo remote to operate your TiVo box.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

To use the vast majority of TV Anywhere app function does not require a connection between TiVo and Superhub.

Without the connection, you can:

- stream those channels with the wifi symbol via wifi

- manage all TiVo resources, guide, planned recordings, series links, etc via wifi and mobile data

With the connection, you can use the TV Anywhere app as a replacement for your physical TiVo remote to operate your TiVo box.

debnet
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok, thanks.
MsTree4
Joining in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

The tv anywhere app has not worked for me for nearly a week now and its quite frustrating.

Using the app on my iphone i get the following message:

"To use your device as a remote control for your tivo you will need to connect your tivo box to the same home network as the device"  I have looked at forums and the like and it has been suggested that it is an ios issue. So i tried to use the app on my laptop and the message i got  today is " your tivo box is not connected to the internet" so not an ios issue, even if it was i have rebooted my phone, deleted and reinstalled the app several times in hopes it would work, still no joy!

None of this makes sense, my broadband, tivo etc. were all set up by a virgin engineer and nothing has changed, no wires disconnected, i have checked that they are all connected. Our broadband supposedly at 200mbs is still running at a slow pace so averaging 114mbs, feeling like it's still running at 60mbs. We reboot out whole system at least once a week, out of necessity due to numerous issues with tivo service generally, this is now a tiresome additional issue, as using the app for recording etc. is easier than using the tv.

I am really quite disappointed with Virgin, nobody advised us that there was an issue with the giant update last year and the system has not worked properly ever since, no apology from them, and no idea when it will be fixed, its been at least 5 months of issues now, and we have been putting up with inferior service provision ever since and at a high monthly cost.

I really want this app fixed and soon.

Please can someone help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi MsTree4,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had so many issues with your TiVo®.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see Pre/Post RS issues as well as some Drive code errors on the hard drive. I'd like to send a technician to check this out for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Once we've got your TiVo® back into shape, we'll take a look at the TV Anywhere app.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
uniquepanther
Joining in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hello!

Just to say I have exactly the same issue as previous poster MsTree4....took my SONY XPERIA tablet to Cornwall and couldn't access a single thing due to the same issue as above....all equipment is as originally installed and has previously worked fine.....so annoying that the idea of 'tv anywhere' is a big misnomer!

Can anyone help me out please?

0 Kudos
noiseboyuk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I've not been able to connect to the V6 box either for a few months, getting the same "you are not connected to your home network" message even though I am.  I can't watch any TV channels at all, or watch any recordings.  My device is registered (iPad mini), and the V6 box is connected via wifi to the superhub 3.

0 Kudos
noiseboyuk
Tuning in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Bump for this.

0 Kudos
MrsParky
Joining in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi noiseboyuk,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

Are you still experiencing the same issue?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos