Menu
samsungs3user
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Anywhere - Samsung S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4.4 KITKAT - Unauthorized Modifications Detected

Hi,

I recently rooted and flashed my S3 I9300 with CyanogenMod Version 11.0-InstallerXNPQ32P Android version 4.4.4 KitKat

When trying to stream live TV I get this error message in Virgin TV Anywhere app,

"Unauthorised Modifications Detected - Live TV streaming will not work if unauthorized modifications have been made to Android."

I have since unrooted the device with SuperSU and checked with Root Check Basic, 

"Sorry! This device does not have proper root access"

which means it is unrooted.

I still cannot stream live TV.

Does anybody know of a work around as stock Samsung software is poor.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Anywhere - Samsung S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4.4 KITKAT - Unauthorized Modifications De...

Hi samsungs3user, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that rooting your device has left you unable to stream via TV Anywhere. 

I'm afraid that in order for us to obtain the relevant licencing agreements with broadcasters, we had to agree not to allow streaming on rooted devices. 

As device has been rooted previously, the app will not work. 

We're unable to support any work arounds but the Community here maybe able to help. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jarhead70
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Anywhere - Samsung S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4.4 KITKAT - Unauthorized Modifications Detec

I know this is an old thread, but I've just bought a brand new one plus one and this app wouldn't run on cm 11s. Its the phone owners choice to root their phone. Virgin shouldn't be stopping this. Youbdont even have an app ready for v5. Shockingly poor. Untilnyou do, can have access to online access to BT sport that I paid for but cannot stream because of your badly coded app!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Anywhere - Samsung S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4.4 KITKAT - Unauthorized Modifications Detec

Hi jarhead70, 

Thanks for your post and apologies that your device isn't working with TV Anywhere. 

It's not that the app is badly coded, we've actually blocked access to those users who have rooted their device. 

As mentioned in my post above, this is so we can remain in agreements with the broadcasters to bring you the content. 

We have this noted on the website: For security reasons and to protect the rights of our content partners Virgin TV Anywhere is not supported on rooted devices, where unauthorised modifications have been made to the operating system.

Having a rooted device not only makes a number of apps unavailable to you but also voids your warranty. 

Us supporting rooted devices isn't something that will happen. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
pobby555
Just joined
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
I also have oneplus one and virgin tv won't work on it the sam message come up.
The device isn't rooted but oneplus one runs CyanogenMod, out of the box as its standard firmware.
This is something virgin should look into.
0 Kudos
jarhead70
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have just updated to the latest version of Cyanogen OS, 12 on the one plus one, which is an officially supported OS along with Oxygen, the phone is not rooted nor is the bootloader unlocked, so it's like I have just removed it from the box and your app still will not run. I would be interested to know if other one plus users who have chosen One plus's own Oxygen OS can run this app?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi jarhead70,

Thanks for coming back to us Smiley Happy

I'm afraid TV Anywhere doesn't support Cyanogen and it  isn't a supported OS for using TV Anywhere either. 

Looking through the Forums, all Oneplus One users are having the same issue. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
muggerbee
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

CM12 is a google certified version of lollipop which doesn't need root permissions to run, they have to be initiated manually !! I find it impossible to believe that VM's software team can't write write a root detection routine that doesn't just use a DB of known rootable firmware. a constructive answer from the dev team might be a more appropriate answer rather than a stock forum mod response. As an aside, sharing content (which is I assume the licence holders issue) is hardly going to be an issue on phones when anyone and everyone does it on a PC or MAC..

0 Kudos
muggerbee
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Kath, just FYI, oneplus supports rooting and the open source community, as does google, so warranties on oneplus phones are not affected.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi muggerbee, 

Thanks for your post on this, it's great to hear your opinions. 

In order for TV Anywhere to work, you need to match the Technical requirements for TV Anywhere found here: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=9E966504-52D2-49F7-9EAB-8EBAF5B9F4FC

Cyanogen based OS are not supported and therefore TV Anywhere won't work with them. 

You are still able to use the Web version via a PC / Laptop though. 

Apologies for any inconveniences. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos