Menu
Williewoose
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Anywhere Login hangs on Sky Sports Login on Galaxy S6 Tablet

Everything else works, other Sky channels, BTSports, switches to BBC etc. The Gateway between Virgin and Sky does not work on Galaxy Tab A 6.0.1  I have seen several reports of this problem but never a satisfactory solution.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Anywhere Login hangs on Sky Sports Login on Galaxy S6 Tablet

Hi Williewoose, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue logging in to the Sky Sports app via your Samsung S6. 

The first thing to double check is can you sign in to your account via TV Anywhere? 

If not then this could be an account issue so try updating your password and trying again. 

If yes, are you able to log in successfully to Sky Sports via a PC / Laptop?

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Williewoose
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I can watch Sky Sports on my desk top no probs. I used to use my android phone as my go anywhere that worked fine too. I recently purchased the Galaxy tab and registered that instead of the mobile. The tablet works with every streamed channel except Sky Sports. On reflection it is unlikely to be a Virgin problem it is probably the Login in the Sky Sports App. So you have Sky sports Login either directly from the App or a Virgin redirect (it's effectively the same) Sky Sports offers you three options as a Sky User or two Virgin Media (one being for Ireland), select the left hand virgin media logo get another sign in screen with black "Sign in" enter Email and password black turns red press go screen pales a little and hangs. That's it!

0 Kudos
Williewoose
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath Just did some experimenting, I realised when I normally do this the screen sign in goes green when you reach a valid format for a password so I deliberately put in a wrong email and password and it responded accordingly. Then repeated with my correct email and password screen went green partway through finished off password and hit go and was accepted but the next step failed "Device Limit Reached" so somehow Sky is out of step with Virgin. My device registration on both devices is the same "Samsung" and "HPDesk".

Solved it! Although registered for Virgin on both devices. The registration for Sky still said PC so I deleted that. Once you clear the slot just by viewing Sky Sports it is registered automatically. Am happily watching a replay of the cricket.

Still something wrong with the Sky App but sorry I don't care

Terry

0 Kudos
Williewoose
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PS Thanks for responding.
0 Kudos
Williewoose
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My happiness was premature. Solving the tablet problem has come at a cost now nothing is viewable on my desk top. Registered devices remains the same unchanged but I get the Device Limit Reached Code 106 screen. Registration says I have one change available this month although it registers last change as 15th January. I could make a change but I wouldn't know which to change because it was working as is. This is the same for both Virgin channels and Sky Sports. Any suggestions welcome. PS Samsung Tablet still working on both Virgin and Sky Sports

Thanks

0 Kudos
Williewoose
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm OK deleted HPDesk from Virgin and reregistered then deleted from Sky Sports watched a channel to automatically reregister. Worked but I don't see why I had to do this. The software needs to be a bit cleverer and store the IP address to recognise when a real device change has been made. This won't be foolproof but it would be better than what we have.
0 Kudos