Menu
rmumford
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Anywhere - Essential maintenance work

I am trying to watch TV Anywhere but am getting following error.

Oops…

Virgin TV Anywhere is temporarily unavailable due to some essential maintenance work. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please try again in a few hours.

Why is maintenance work being carried out at peak time!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Anywhere - Essential maintenance work

It's one of many lies Virgin Media will subject you to. This is a catch-all error message that comes up whenever TV Anywhere falls over due to demand outstripping supply. An easy problem to fix by adding extra capacity, but this happens every Champions League match day & VM have done a sum total of nothing about it.

I'll put my house on the service magically springing back to life around 9.40pm tonight.
0 Kudos
rmumford
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Seriously, this is my second day with VM - I have just switched from BT Boardband / SkyGo which worked fine all the time. Please don't say I have signed up for 18 months to a service which does not work when you want to use it.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid so - on paper Virgin look like they are competitive, but in reality, fast broadband aside, they are lagging way behind the competition.

You can keep trying to log in, & you might manage it eventually, but you'll soon see that, even when it "works", buffering, picture quality, and the stream stalling completely are commonplace.

If you want out of your contract, I'd suggest, " unfit for purpose" is the line you want to take. A look at the forums on any given CL matchday will testify to that.
0 Kudos