Menu
Highlighted
Nor1
Joining in
Message 1 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Virgin New TV app

Downloaded the new apps today to watch TV on my IPAD.
None of the streaming symbols are showing and therefore not giving me the option to view the TV channel on my iPad - Everything was ok win the previous app - I have deleted the app and reloaded but still cannot get the streaming symbols showing - Is there an issue with the app or do I need to do something in settings?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Robrob2
Joining in
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin New TV app

I found the same, but it appears that I had the virgin tv remote app (or something like that).

Download Virgin Tv Go from the store and try that. It appears that there is some issues, as reported in a post by Virgin - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Go-Missing-Channels-and-Streaming-Errors/td-p/35...

All Replies
Robrob2
Joining in
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I found the same, but it appears that I had the virgin tv remote app (or something like that).

Download Virgin Tv Go from the store and try that. It appears that there is some issues, as reported in a post by Virgin - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Go-Missing-Channels-and-Streaming-Errors/td-p/35...
Michali
Tuning in
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Mine is down now. Teething problems I guessMine is down now. Teething problems I guess

severnbore
Superfast
Message 4 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I've been watching via Windows IE, was working up to about 5 oclock, now it's GONE GONE GONE .........  not to be confused GO GO GO !

There, I'd assume not working across all platforms.

0 Kudos
Robrob2
Joining in
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator

On the iPad here. Just updated the app, major issues with having a channel play for more that a minute without an error message. Now it's pretty much gone completely.
0 Kudos
BazzaD1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator

9F20D0DA-D7AB-44FB-91AD-D1C24FDA3ACA.jpeg46DE27AB-5D1D-483B-8F0A-F6FB91C23158.jpeg0F9E8740-0494-4675-BE0F-B9A31F3ECD65.jpeg

good effort Virgin 

Ragtag
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I have just downloaded the new app.

At home on fast BBand and on a fast tablet on Android.

Oh dear...

After a number of false starts to log in, I managed to get a blank screen apart from the three bars in top left corner.

I have tried about eight times to watch a channel, any channel, to no avail. Just getting the spinner from hell, followed ( after about 20 seconds) by a message saying its not available at the moment.

Poor show for a new app.

Clayman1888
Joining in
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator

You’d think that someone with an iq of above 0.5 in virgin media towers would have thought “don’t you think we should test this before releasing this rubbish to our loyal customers who actually pay for this service”

hindenm
Tuning in
Message 9 of 41
Flag for a moderator

just love the response in http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Go-Missing-Channels-and-Streaming-Errors/td-p/35...
sorry for the inconvenience. how can they release an app that doesnt work particularly to replace one that did. this is a technology company. pathetic, inadequate, thoughtless are just a few words that spring to mind
Koilin
Joining in
Message 10 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I agree. Absolute rubbish.