Menu
mistaste
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media TV Anywhere problems

Hi, so, I am completely new to the world of TV Anywhere, I downloaded the app a couple of days ago thinking I would be watching TV at work, alas nay! Logged in, tried to connect to TiVo box, nothing, first I had the issue of it not being on my network, the Superhub is connected to my TV, working completely fine, at first it wasn't connected via an Ethernet cable. So I connected it via an Ethernet cable, NOW, I get a message on the Home screen saying Network Availability (C130) When I try to connect to the TV Anywhere app it asks me to log in using my Virgin Media credentials, so I do, but it says Invalid Media Access Key. Sometimes it lets me log in but as soon as I try to press the "remote button" on the top right or the "info" on the bottom left it says Not Connected to TiVo Box on Home Network. If I press "Connect" it says I have an Invalid Media Access Key then I have to log back in again. It's been driving me mental for a couple of days. Please God someone help me!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media TV Anywhere problems

Hi mistaste, 

Welcome to the forums and apologies to hear about the issues you are having trying to set TV Anywhere up.

The first thing to try is a complete reboot of the whole system to ensure the 'handshakes' are being made between each device. 

> Firstly turn the Hub and the TiVo® off by the mains and leave off for around 5 minutes. 
> Double check the ethernet cable to ensure it's secure at both ends.
> Turn on the Superhub and allow time for it to be completely online. 
> Next power up the TiVo® and wait until you can navigate between menus without any hesitations.

This should allow the connection to be restored. 

Make sure your device is connected to wifi and open the app. Log in using your My Virgin Media sign in details and let us know what happens Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mistaste
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So I've done all this and still I get nothing but "not connected to TiVo box on home network" everything in my house is connected to the same network and have no other problems with anything else connecting to it
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mistaste, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and apologies that my diagnostics didn't work. 

Can you have a look in the settings for me to check something? You can do this by going to Home > Help & Settings > System Info > Media Access Key

What shows up here?

Also can we try and force a connection. Do this by going Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Service Now

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos