Menu
bernardhenry
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Viewing TV Anywhere on a Samsung Tab 3 Tablet

I've recently subscribed to TV Anywhere and am surprised, annoyed and frustrated that I can't watch TV Anywhere on my device. Anyone know what the issue(s) is/are and if they are likely to be resolved anytime soon?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Transtec
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Viewing TV Anywhere on a Samsung Tab 3 Tablet

Hi gadcam,

I also share your frustration regarding paying for tv anywhere from virgin media and not being able to access through our devices the Samsung Galaxy S3 Tab 10.1. Do not be confused by some of the replies from VM that this is a Galaxy problem, it is not. The device works perfectly well with other streaming media, e.g sky go, netflix etc. In my opinion we as customers are not being treated fairly, which is a requirment of a company which is regulated by the financial conduct authority, formerly the FSA, and here is what outcome 5 states: Outcome 5: Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect. Therefore it is reasonable to expect that if sky and netflix can provide streaming services to our devices, then why can't Virgin. Every response I have seen thus far has stated compatibility problems. I am a compliance manager with the largest IT services in the United Kingdom, and whenever we have compatability issues we address those issues or, we are liable to our customers. Virgin Media are liable to us gadcam. As outcome 5 of TCF states, they have provided us with a product that is not performing as we, the customers would expect. Therefore if VM are not able to respond d to our formal complaints satisfactorily we should then be able to take our issues to the financial ombudsman for resolution.

Regards

Transtec.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you trying to stream via mobile data? Only wifi is supported.

Are you trying to stream a channel that cannot be streamed? Only channels with a wifi symbol can be streamed.

0 Kudos
bernardhenry
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your message Ernie C.

I'm trying to view using wi-fi but was told by the Virgin Media Team it isn't possible to do so on my device.

I wasn't aware that only channels with a wi-fi symbol can be streamed as I naively thought all channels would be viewable! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. 

0 Kudos
gadcam
Just joined
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have been trying to use my Galaxy Tab 3 and the TV Anywhere app for more than just a gloryfied remote control for a few years now, but no joy.

Virgin keep sending litrature out, singing the praises of TV anyway, the most recent of which tells me that next year my monthly cost is going up by £4/month, 'but hey, don't worry, 'cause TV anywhere is great.' Well, my daughter can use it on her TAB 2, my other half can on her Ipad2, but I can't on my TAB 3 and nobody seems to be able to explain why.

If you download the list of compatible Android devices from http://www.virginmedia.com/apps/android/tvanywhere/devices/ then the note at the bottom says check back as the list is regularly updated (no it's not). I would just like to watch recorded programmes from 'my shows' while in the same house and on the same network as my tivo, but I can't even do that.

I am beginning to think my only solution is to buy my daughter a new Ipad, so I can downgrade to her TAB 2. Unless you know different.

0 Kudos
bernardhenry
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks gadcam.

Sounds as if you're as frustrated as me! I think I'm reaching the same conclusion as you that the only way I will be able to view TV Anywhere is by changing my device.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

gadcam wrote:

I would just like to watch recorded programmes from 'my shows' while in the same house and on the same network as my tivo, but I can't even do that. 

That's not a feature of TV Anywhere, even when it is working correctly. You can stream live TV (on the supported channels) and manage recordings etc. but not view recorded programs.

0 Kudos
Transtec
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi gadcam,

I also share your frustration regarding paying for tv anywhere from virgin media and not being able to access through our devices the Samsung Galaxy S3 Tab 10.1. Do not be confused by some of the replies from VM that this is a Galaxy problem, it is not. The device works perfectly well with other streaming media, e.g sky go, netflix etc. In my opinion we as customers are not being treated fairly, which is a requirment of a company which is regulated by the financial conduct authority, formerly the FSA, and here is what outcome 5 states: Outcome 5: Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect. Therefore it is reasonable to expect that if sky and netflix can provide streaming services to our devices, then why can't Virgin. Every response I have seen thus far has stated compatibility problems. I am a compliance manager with the largest IT services in the United Kingdom, and whenever we have compatability issues we address those issues or, we are liable to our customers. Virgin Media are liable to us gadcam. As outcome 5 of TCF states, they have provided us with a product that is not performing as we, the customers would expect. Therefore if VM are not able to respond d to our formal complaints satisfactorily we should then be able to take our issues to the financial ombudsman for resolution.

Regards

Transtec.

bernardhenry
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Interesting thought about taking the issue to the Financial Ombudsman Transtec. Just wondered if you have had specific replies from Virgin Media suggesting this is a compatability issue, what they intend to do about it and how far down the referral to the Ombudsman route you are?

Virgin Media's only defence is that if you look long & hard enough through a list of 'problem' devices the Tab 3 is listed. However, if you're thinking of subscribing to a service you don't always search to the degree required to find this information and the majority of customers expect the provider to point out known issues before a decision is made to subscribe. In my opinion a customer enquiring about subscribing to TV Anywhere should be asked at point of sale what device(s) they intend to play the service through so that issues are brought to their attention before a decision is made to subscribe. Unfortunately for Tab 3 subscribers the service should be re-branded TV Nowhere.

0 Kudos