Menu
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Video Error Unable to connect to stream

Having now got my iphone and ipad registered the phone does sports and movies fine but the ipad simply says 'unable to connect to stream - please try again. I get error code 7.

Is there a setting that I'm missing on the iPad?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Error Unable to connect to stream

Hi brightonjohn, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having trying to stream content. 

It's great that you've been able to register both your devices for use on the Sky Movies and Sky Sports apps. 

There isn't any settings that I know you need to change really. Is this error coming up on every channel you attempt to stream from?

Does this happen when trying to stream on the TV Anywhere app?

Let us know so we can look into this further for you Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Error Unable to connect to stream

I don't have a problem now - it's just that it was so long ago that I registered my old phone and iPad that I hadn't either remembered or noticed that you now have to register them for the sky stuff as a separate item. Thankfully, if you get onto the 'fault' (??) team they will help you and even reset the number of changes you can make. I still find the limiting of how many changes you can make, while probably there for some reason to do with royalties or whatever, very intimidating since getting it wrong somehow can count against you.

Also, I found it confusing that you clear the entries on a PC but create them by logging in with the device. I assume that if I went to the appropriate website (and that isn't easy, at least for me,) to find on your main site I could have done this from the iPad as well. 

It is also very odd that all of my browsers tell me that this action is not compatible with them but they all work. I tried Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.

0 Kudos