Menu
Mobes
Dialled in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

VM TV Anywhere. Please complain to BBC Watchdog - See Link

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

VM, you don't give a damn really. Lets be honest.

Over a year of complaints about this service and nothing has improved.

Not only have we collected loads of information for you to look at, but someone else not connected to your team had debugged the problem so you can sort it...and nothing.

No-one gives us any sort of meaningful update.

The VM Twitter team STILL don't seem to know there's a problem.

We have been met with a wall of silence from the mods here.... I even PM'd one with some information last week.... It's never even been opened.

I urge everyone who has and is still experiencing problems to use the link above to contact the BBC WATCHDOG team. If enough of us do this then something may start to be done.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM TV Anywhere. Please complain to BBC Watchdog - See Link

Hi mobes

Just to address a couple of points you've made.

We do care, and have been feeding back all the information you've provided back to the TV Anywhere team.

Incremental changes have been made to improve the service for all customers.

I've been working yesterday and this morning to try and get some updates for the "buffering" thread, and will continue to do so.

Some glitches are still present, but there is not a widespread fault with the service, and therefore each case is looked at individually.

Who did you send a Private Message to - a moderator, or one of the forum team?

The messages sent to the forum team don't show as read as they see them through another system.

Best wishes

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mobes
Dialled in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

"We do care, and have been feeding back all the information you've provided back to the TV Anywhere team"

And what exactly has been the net result of that?

Let's be honest, James. We've heard it all before!

This problem has been going on for a year or so and nothing has been done.

'but there is not a widespread fault with the service'

I'm not sure how you've got the balls to say this. All you need to do is look at your own forum and your own Twitter feed to see how widespread it is.

Do you think we're all making it up?

"therefore each case is looked at individually."

Don't give me that nonsense! You know fully well that this problem is across all platforms and as such would be looked at from coding upwards. There's no chance this is or should be looked at individually.

Your performance regarding this issue has been nothing but appalling.

A years worth of complaints regarding the same issues, skipping, repeating, buffering have resulted in no improvement.

I urge people to use the link to contact Watchdog.

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've plenty of ammo for Watchdog too & should find time in the next few days to report.
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Mobes wrote:

"We do care, and have been feeding back all the information you've provided back to the TV Anywhere team"

And what exactly has been the net result of that?

Let's be honest, James. We've heard it all before!

This problem has been going on for a year or so and nothing has been done.

'but there is not a widespread fault with the service'

I'm not sure how you've got the balls to say this. All you need to do is look at your own forum and your own Twitter feed to see how widespread it is.

Do you think we're all making it up?

"therefore each case is looked at individually."

Don't give me that nonsense! You know fully well that this problem is across all platforms and as such would be looked at from coding upwards. There's no chance this is or should be looked at individually.

Your performance regarding this issue has been nothing but appalling.

A years worth of complaints regarding the same issues, skipping, repeating, buffering have resulted in no improvement.

I urge people to use the link to contact Watchdog.

Hi Mobes

Small incremental improvements have been made, and we’re continuing to look into these examples and are concentrating on resolving these issues.

Each case is looked at individually in order to ascertain what occurred at that date, at that time, for that connection. This corroborative evidence is then used to look at the bigger picture. 

I've received assurances today that the buffering issues that some of our forum members here have experienced is being concentrated on.

When we have any updates, we'll let you know.

Apologies again for the the problems you've encountered, hopefully we'll be able to give you a buffer-free service soon.

Best wishes,

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

How do you connect the very many reports I have made with my connection then?

As was posted on the Basics / debugging thread, the TVA server keeps chucking out duplicate data, resulting in sketchy playback, buffering & repeating. With that in mind, it seems pointless looking anywhere else.

0 Kudos
PaulMoore
Superfast
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Crocket makes an excellent point.

If these are isolated incidents, surely it's virtually impossible to debug with the very broad questions you're asking in the survey?  It's essentially "what are you watching" and "how are you connected, wifi or ethernet" - which doesn't reveal a great deal, other than perhaps to blame any issues on WiFi latency/blackspots.

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Seeing as I have tried using TVA on any number of Wi-Fi connections, with a view to eliminating my home connection as the cause, I often report on the buffering thread from those "away" Wi-Fi connections (often not VM ones), or sometime use my phone to report issues.  If you are going to suggest that you scrape ip addresses from forum posts, that's a mindless way to go about things.

Paul, what video screen capture software did you use to make your debugging videos?  I suspect the BBC will prefer decent captures rather than my shaky phone footage if they are to take up the story.

0 Kudos
PaulMoore
Superfast
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Camtasia - It's expensive though.

Mobes
Dialled in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

James, buffering is the least of ur problems with TVA. The repeating is FAR worse.

My basic points still stand, mate.... It's been over a year and it's only now you're allegedly looking into it.... Sorry looking into the buffering part.

It's pretty shameful.
0 Kudos