Menu
nickh
Superfast
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM - Can you provide an open and honest response re continued problems with TVA

Given that TV Anywhere has been unavailable on one or more platforms for large numbers of customers over recent weeks, can we have an open and honest response from VirginMedia as to whether you actually understand the root causes of all the issues and whether you intend to fix them (and in what timescale) so that TV Anywhere becomes reliable?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM - Can you provide an open and honest response re continued problems with TVA

Hi nickh, 

Thanks for your post and all I can say here is that whenever a fault is discovered we do work hard and fast to get it resolved. 

There will be occasions where the priority of the fault differs so some faults are fixed a lot quicker than others. 

Whenever we work to resolve a fault, fixes are put in place as soon as they are verified. 

I can only apologise for the major  issues we've had lately but it looks as though these have been resolved Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues, come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
chriscl
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM - Can you provide an open and honest response re continued problems with TVA

Never. Going. To. Happen.

The service clearly has capacity issues that it seems VM lack either the infrastructure or technical knowledge to resolve. Its straight-jacket approach to rights-management and the insistence that "it's the rights-holders" when anything goes wrong, and their "but it's free" refrain do grate, after a while.

nickh
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

Thanks for your reply.  It doesn't really address the fact that TV Anywhere continues to be unreliable, one issue after the next.  The platform doesn't appear to be fit for purpose.

Over the last month in particular there have been four significant issues which has meant the service has been unusable for large periods of time.  Most recently, there's the issue with on new demand content not being available, which still has no fix date.

Nick

nickh
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

Here's an example of why TV Anywhere isn't for purpose.  I really don't see how anyone at VM can say this (4 separate issues for TVA) is reasonable.  And no this isn't a one off, there are many days when multiple issues are being addressed by VM.

Nick

Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 17.46.33.png

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And other issues are ignored completely. Only about half of the outages even make it to the service status page, and even then it often fails to describe the detail of the fault correctly, making me wonder if they even comprehend what it is they are trying to fix.

Are you still working "fast and hard" on the capacity / essential maintenance issue Kath? It's been 19 months & counting now. Waiting til the football finishes is not fixing it. Neither is telling us to not even try using it during busy times.
tumi
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I haven't joined in to any of the debates recently, as I got fed up spitting in the wind. Clearly the VM infrastructure is not fit for purpose, and I guess it needs money spent on it (both hardware and staff). What credible Media company, which presumably wants to compete with rivals, does not pay attention to the litany of issues reported by paying customers. Many of the issues have been around from the beginning and have never been satisfactorily resolved, I personally see no improvement at all. It's particularly galling that the channels we pay extra for (for footie etc.) are the worst, so much so I don't even bother trying to watch anymore.

Time to think out of the box. The BBC is a publically owned company and has a super iplayer service. Why not get a contract with them to supply the service. The BBC would be glad of any income, as it is currently under the scrutiny of Whitehall.

Can't be done. Well VM gets it mobile service via EE, so there is a precedent for this sort of arrangement. Don't put contractual issues up as a hurdle - money talks.

I've had my moan and will disappear again.

Tumi