Menu
noisii
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

V1001 tv anywHere

i am unable to watch my tv anywhere app.  Every channel I attempt to watch comes up with a streaming error called v 1001.

i have tried to delete the app and then reinstall.  I have deleted the app, rebooted iPad, and then reinstalled it and still nothing. 

Any my help would be appreciated 

lynn

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: V1001 tv anywHere

Hi Noisii

Thank you for your post, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read about the error V1001, this can be attributed to a few things, so we've got some tips to try. Whenever there are issue it's best to carry out some of the following practices:-

• Sign out and sign back in, after clearing your cache/temp files. Make sure when signing in anywhere, that the caps lock is monitored and the username and password are typed correctly.
  • Can you sign into anywhere.virginmedia.com?
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
  • Try to log in online from a PC to see if it streams.
  • Check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is unsupported.

Give these a go and please get back to me when you can.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
noisii
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have tried your suggestions and still unable to connect. My husband and I have the same iPad with the same iOS update and his works fine

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Noisii Smiley Happy

Thank you for your reply, It's good to have two of the same to make a comparison. I would like to ask if you both are using the same browser? Chrome isn't supported in case you use this.

Failing this I would like to ask if you can sign into TV Anywhere and remove your registered device and register it again once more?

Many thanks.

Ben

0 Kudos
noisii
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ben,

nothing seems to help, the problem comes and goes

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi noisii, 

Thanks for coming back to Ben on this one and apologies that none of the checks have seemed to work yet. 

As well as the code, can you let me know the full error message you are getting too?

The best thing to do here is completely remove your iPad from TV Anywhere and start from scratch with it. This should hopefully resolve things. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, delete the app from your device. 

Reboot the iPad and then go back in to the App Store to re-download TV Anywhere. Once the app is all installed, using the iPad you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

I know some of these steps you've already tried with no success but doing this step by step should work.

Let me know how things go.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
noisii
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The full error message is we have encountered an error while attempting to stream this channel. [v:1001]

i get this on all channels.

thanks

0 Kudos
noisii
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help with my iPad. It seems to be working now.  Unfortunately my husband's iPad is starting to do the same thing.  I am wondering if it is possible to give me another device registration for this month so I can do to his iPad what I did to mine to get it working.

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Noisii Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, I have been able to look into the account and refresh your allowances Smiley Happy

It's great to see that your iPad is now working.

Let me know how you get on with the hubbies Smiley Happy

All the best.

Ben

0 Kudos
noisii
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben,

Hubbies iPad now working thanks so much for all your help. Hopefully will be ok from now. Smiley Happy

Noisii

0 Kudos