Menu
snapper1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Useless TV anywhere won't work on HTC10

Just loaded up the TV anywhere ap on my brand new, just out the box HTC10 and it flat out refuses to let me watch anything.

I can however remotely change the channels on the set-top box with it...

So apart from letting me have fun changing the channels while I'm away and the wife and kids are watching the telly at home it's pretty Useless...

When are virgin going to get their finger out and sort it?
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Useless TV anywhere won't work on HTC10

You and 100's of other it's down to Android, the latest version 6 is not yet supported, nice phone by the way. They may get around to it before version 7 hits your phone

0 Kudos
snapper1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Useless TV anywhere won't work on HTC10

Big mistake....

Rang the Virgin Media help line yesterday to report the issue and see if they had sorted it. The teccy on the other end made absolutely no mention of this being a know issue instead he went straight down the route of removing the 'device' from the account and wanted a remote log-in onto my laptop in-order to delete it. Didn't get the log-in but acting on his request I did delete it and then removed the AP from the phone. He also asked for the second device to be deleted off the account as well, so no devices on the account. The AP was then reinstalled onto the phone and the phone linked back with the account.

Did it work? Nah of course not. TV Anywhere is doing the same as before on the phone however we now have the added nausea of not being able to re-link the Tesco Huddl back onto the account for a month. Talking about taking 2 steps backwards!

0 Kudos