Menu
Alwalk15
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgradeed to Windows 10 now I cant register my laptop on sky sports

As the subject says I have upgraded to windows 10 today and now I cant register my laptop to sky sports as I registered it yesterday using windows 8.1, any help or can someone from virgin media reset my registered devices for Sky sports, TV anywhere works fine.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgradeed to Windows 10 now I cant register my laptop on sky sports

Hi Alwalk15,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've not been able to use your device since upgrading the software. 

Whenever anything is updated, whether this be our website, your software or even your browser, you'll need to re-register the device to use it. 

I have gone in to the account and given a device change so if you try again, you should now be able to register it again. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the laptop registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, click on the 'On Now' icon and try to stream Channel 4. This should then prompt you to register the device. Follow the prompts and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Alwalk15
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath 

I don't have a problem with TV anywhere. I have a problem registering my laptop for sky sports I have an available device slot but no more device changes this month, it's time virginmedia gave more than one device change per month.

Hope you can reset it I can't watch any sports.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alwalk15,

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Apologies I added a device change for TV Anywhere by mistake. I have now added a device change for you for use with the Sky apps so you should now be able to re-register your laptop. 

With regards to the Sky changes, the limit is set by Sky. 

We have no plans to change the limit for TV Anywhere currently although if this does happen, we'll be sure to let you know Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos