Menu
Lucyjedwards
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Updated app

So since the app update on iOS! It has been aweful so slow, never connects to the remote control! Absolutely terrible if I am honest! Takes about 5 minutes to load! Has anyone had this issue? Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Updated app

Hi Lucyjedwards,

Thank you for your message, I'm really sorry that the app hasn't been working as it should.

I would love to help but would need to know a little more about where in the app, you're finding it slow?

I would recommend rebooting the TiVo and TV Anywhere app to see if this alleviates things in the meantime.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Lucyjedwards
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply!

So since the update on iOS the app has done a number of things! When I go on to the app it can take about 3 minutes to loads all the channels, then when I go to remote control again it can take a while to load and most of the time it say unable to connect! Before the update it would load in seconds and had no connection problems, I have tried everything I have deleted the app and reinstalled it, reset the router, reset the TiVo box!
It's still the same! We are also experiencing issues with our TiVo box, when recording it will either recorded the last 5 minutes of the to programme, or the first 5 minutes and the stops, it records something completely different to what has been selected and when you fast forward through the adverts it goes funny and stops like it's not recorded! But if you watch the programme all the way through without fast forwarding then it's there! Is there anything that can be done with this?

Thanks
Lucy
0 Kudos
stukey
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issues with the latest version of the iOS app on my iPhone 7 and iPad Air 2 (both very fast devices). Ever since  the new version 4 release of the app it has been unreliable, buggy and very slow. The main issues I'm experiencing are as follows:

1. The app keeps logging me out of my account. If I haven't used the app for a few days then when I launch it, it invariably shows the username and password dialog and I have log back in again, even though I was already logged in to my account. This is really annoying and it never used to happen with previous versions of the App.

2. The new app takes absolutely ages to load each page - it always seems to get stuck loading the large thumbnail photos and show/episode info at the top of the page. This makes navigating through planned recordings/ series link and my shows sections really sluggish any annoying.

3. The app frequently "loses its connection" to the TiVo box and then pops-up a dialogue asking if I want to try to reconnect. After reconnecting a few times it then seems work OK for a while before losing its connection again. This is particularly common when searching for a new show in order to create a new series link. Often the search fails and the app loses its connection or it finds the show and then I tap "get this show" and it loses connection again.

All of these issues have started since updating to the new version of the TV Anywhere app. Before the update the app was pretty reliable and I never had any issues. My Wifi signal is strong and I don't have issues with other apps on my iPad or iPhone. And my TiVo is connected to my local network via Ethernet and the connection seems fine. It seems to be bugs in the new version of the app, specifically related to losing the connection to the TiVo and slow performance loading photos and episode/series info.

I have restarted my devices, deleted and reinstalled the app and it made no difference. I have also rebooted the TiVo, cleared the cache and the thumbnails and even reformatted the TiVo a few months ago (to try to speed-up the awful slow menus and sluggish performance that started after the recent TiVo software update). I'm seeing a pattern here! First the TiVo software was updated and the already sluggish performance and excruciatingly slow menus became even worse. But app worked fine still. Then the app was updated and now it's slow and unreliable to use.

I hope you can help fix some of these issues and bugs!

I'm on iOS 10.1.1 on both devices.

0 Kudos
Lucyjedwards
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's exactly the issues I am having, I assumed it was to do with the update as my internet connection is currently 150mbps ! It's just frustrating as before it was great and had no issues at all! Let's hope virgin can get it sorted!
0 Kudos
Keeny
Settling in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same problem. No replies from Virgin yet???
0 Kudos
scatterkeir
Dialled in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I find the connection flakier than the old app on Android too. If often seems to lose connection when I start fast forwarding through the ads, and I have to sit as part 2 of the programme flies by and rewind to the break when it finally reconnects!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you are having an issue since the recent app update Smiley Sad

Checking in with our TV Anywhere team, it looks as though this is a known fault that we are currently looking in to resolving. 

As soon as we have any information on this, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stukey
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Updated app TV Anywhere iOS app slow, buggy and keeps disconnecting

Hi @Kath_F

Thanks for responding. Can we have an ETA on getting these app issues fixed please? Given the how slow the TiVo interface is I always set-up all of my recordings and series links using the iOS app. But now the iOS app is as bad as the TiVo and its a nightmare to use.

Tractor_Boy_68
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Updated app TV Anywhere iOS app slow, buggy and keeps disconnecting

The app is completely not fit for purpose. It is a pale comparison to the previous version.

I have to constantly re-connect and log in.

Hopefully this will be resolved very soon, as it is an embarrassment of an app right now.

Very disappointed user 😡