Menu
poshmanc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Updated TV Anywhere Android Phone List

Hi, 

Is there any update on the TV Anywhere compatible Android Phone list please? The current one is really old http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/tva_android_devices.pdf

I'd like an update on Androids that stream live TV and all other TV anywhere functions please.

Thanking you in advance.

Smiley Happy

vfr
Up to speed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Updated TV Anywhere Android Phone List

I've noticed that, according to this list it should be possible to download the app to manage recordings on a Nexus 6 (which comes with Lollipop), but as can be seen from the attached image it is flagged as incompatible.

Has something not been updated on the Play Store to match your list?

Enabled.png

Play.png

KingfisherUK
Up to speed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

vfr wrote:

Yes. The app, to make it compatible with Lollipop. Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
vfr
Up to speed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Smiley Happy

But since the Nexus 6 only comes with Lollipop, either the list is wrong or the Play Store is wrong.

I only use the app to manage my Tivos, so whatever the compatibility issue is with the TV Anywhere aspect doesn't particularly bother me.

I have actually sideloaded the APK from elsewhere, but this isn't something that they like discussed, likewise I shouldn't have to do that when they say it' s available for me.

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

vfr wrote:

Smiley Happy

But since the Nexus 6 only comes with Lollipop, either the list is wrong or the Play Store is wrong.

I only use the app to manage my Tivos, so whatever the compatibility issue is with the TV Anywhere aspect doesn't particularly bother me.

I have actually sideloaded the APK from elsewhere, but this isn't something that they like discussed, likewise I shouldn't have to do that when they say it' s available for me.

Curious, I don't watch on my mobile but use it to manage my Tivo, as you do. My HTC One M8 recently updated to Lollipop but I can still manage recordings.

I just set up a new recording and then checked it in my planned recordings. All was OK.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
vfr
Up to speed
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

vfr wrote:

I've noticed that, according to this list it should be possible to download the app to manage recordings on a Nexus 6 (which comes with Lollipop), but as can be seen from the attached image it is flagged as incompatible.

Enabled.png

Play.png

VirginMedia any chance of an answer? 13 days without any official response or resolution. You CAN do better than that.

adamcathersides
Up to speed
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

vfr wrote:

vfr wrote:

Enabled.png

Play.png

VirginMedia any chance of an answer? 13 days without any official response or resolution. You CAN do better than that.

No, they can't.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Apologies vfr, 

It looks like your post may have slipped through the net on this. 

The Nexus 6 is enabled for TV Anywhere however the Lollipop software is not quite compatible. 

We have a new update that is due to go live soon and once this is releases, the Lollipop compatibility issue will be resolved. 

Once we have any dates, i'll let you know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
vfr
Up to speed
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for picking up on this.

An odd situation then as the Nexus 6 has only ever come with Lollipop, so no-one would be able to use the "enabled for TV Anywhere" as you block it because it's Lollipop.

Good to hear that an update is on it's way.

0 Kudos
davorg
Dialled in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

The Nexus 6 is enabled for TV Anywhere however the Lollipop software is not quite compatible. 

Hi Kath,

Can you clarify this please. The Nexus 6 (like the Nexus 9) has only ever been sold with Lollipop installed.

As I understand it, you're saying that you can use the Nexus 6 to manage a Tivo - but no-one can actually install the app.

Seems a rather strange definition of "enabled" :-)

Dave...

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
0 Kudos