Menu
PaulG1970
Up to speed
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Update on regional listings problem?

I have requested several times now as to why this is taking so long to fix.

I have been fobbed off with "it's a known fault and we are working on it" every time I have asked for an update and the thread I made regarding it is now being ignored.

Other users have also complained and have also been either fobbed off with the above excuse or ignored or in one case even had their posts deleted!

Personally, I was even told that they could help me to leave VM if I wasn't happy!

I work away a lot and in secure areas. I rely on this to set recordings via the website. I have also been told to use the TV Anywhere app instead, which most of the time I cannot do as while I'm away most of the time I have no access to a mobile phone or tablet

I want to know

1) What is the actual problem?

2) What is the timetable for the fix?

3) Why are you ignoring your customers?

4) Why was the site updated but the problem not fixed?

If I continue to be ignored regarding this, I will be taking my complaints to OFCOM as I believe this is could now be a violation of their Code of practice on Electronic Programme Guides (yes, this is a real thing)

0 Kudos
PaulG1970
Up to speed
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Update on regional listings problem?

FYI this is what happens when I try to record BBC1

Capture01.PNG

This is because my Tivo does not have BBC, it has BBC1 Scotland

I notice the error message above does mentions ITV but this is what happens when I try to record ITV

Capture02.PNG

This is because my Tivo does not have ITV, it has STV.

I believe both of these channels fall under the category of Public Broadcasting (the BBC definitely does), so this is in breach of the code of practice

Here is a link to the Code

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/broadcast/other-codes/epgcode.pdf

Section 3

c. in giving appropriate prominence to PSB channels, EPGs should enable viewers in a region to select the appropriate regional versions of those channels through the primary listings for those channels provided the PSB in question has secured services that enable this

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

And just to confirm just how bad things are, I have not tried to use the web listings for months due to the problems and only use the EPG on the Tivo itself. This has also been made difficult because a couple of times recently the programme I wanted to record on STV displayed what was on ITV rather than STV. 

I have had to email the TivoGuideErrors email address to get them to change the EPG listings.

I am not asking for the moon, I am not demanding compensation, I simply want to use my Tivo to record programmes that are shown on the channels provided to me by VM.

Is that really too much to ask for?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
PaulG1970
Up to speed
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Looks like this one is also being ignored. This is dreadful customer service!

I've escalated via twitter and if I have no reply by Monday at the latest, OFCOM it is

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulG1970

Thanks for posting in regards to the update on the regional listings issue.

I am sorry that you feel that we are ignoring you, this is not the case. When you create a thread we do work on posts oldest to newest, however when someone replies, this makes the thread change position in the queue.

As Kath is currently managing a team, I asked for any updates in relation to this. She advised that the team are still working on to get it resolved. The work around at the moment is to use a Mobile device as this is only affecting the web version. 

Apologies that there is no new information. I understand how frustrating this can be considering the length of time you have been waiting. Once there is further information Kath will update you on the other link.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PaulG1970
Up to speed
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Thank you for finally replying, although I don't know why you bothered.

With regards to the workaround being to use a mobile device, did you even read my post..?

"I work away a lot and in secure areas. I rely on this to set recordings via the website. I have also been told to use the TV Anywhere app instead, which most of the time I cannot do as while I'm away most of the time I have no access to a mobile phone or tablet"

Additionally, not a single answer has been given to the following

1) What is the actual problem?

2) What is the timetable for the fix?

3) Why are you ignoring your customers?

4) Why was the site updated but the problem not fixed?

Complaint has now been sent to OFCOM

PaulG1970
Up to speed
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

So, I no longer even warrant a reply to my complaint?

0 Kudos
PaulG1970
Up to speed
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

In case you miss this in the other thread....

I formally ask that this problem be escalated

If this is not something that you can do, then I also request that you provide instructions for escalating.

FYI, OFCOM have responded to my complaint and are now investigating. I hope my bill won't be increased to cover the cost of the very, very large fine that VM are about to receive

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulG1970,

I've just replied on the other thread Smiley Happy

I can confirm the issue was already escalated. The team are well aware of the issue and are working to get this resolved. 

As mentioned previously, using the app via iOS or Android is the current work around. 

As soon as we have ANY information, we shall let you know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PaulG1970
Up to speed
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

But can I ask why you keep ignoring the fact that using the app IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos