Menu
andyland
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unwatchable

I'm having trouble watching Sky Sports News on the TVA android app. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but all I get is this...
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/j2dofbuu8zkbmjs/AABS7J-mCvMbZ5FPbfQTh8LXa

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unwatchable

Hi andyland,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue watching Sky Sports. I've not been able to look at the picture you have sent me as it just comes up with an error. 

What error code are you getting?

Can you try the following to see if this helps:

> Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

>Delete the app from your device and turn the device off. Leave off for a minute or so and turn back on. Re-download the app. 

> Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

> Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence. Once you've done this try streaming Sky Sports News.

Come back and let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi andyland,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue watching Sky Sports. I've not been able to look at the picture you have sent me as it just comes up with an error. 

What error code are you getting?

Can you try the following to see if this helps:

> Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

>Delete the app from your device and turn the device off. Leave off for a minute or so and turn back on. Re-download the app. 

> Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

> Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence. Once you've done this try streaming Sky Sports News.

Come back and let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

andyland
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,
No error message but after following your steps it's all good again.

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi andyland, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are all resolved now Smiley Happy If you have any further issues then you know where I am. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos