Menu
Cocksy77
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unknown error accessing sky sports app android

Hi, I've seen this posted a few times and have tried all potential fixes such as logging out app / signing back in, clearing data/app cache, unregistering/reregistering device and even uninstalling / reinstalling sky sports app. Nothing is working, problem only noticed in last few days, app worked fine few weeks ago on both nexus 10 tablet (5.1.1 android) and Z3 phone (6.0.1). Anyone help or have same issue? No sky sports on Go over Xmas is NOT FUNNY!

Message reads "unknown error please try later"

*Can access via sky sports online via laptop with device change, issue seems to be android related??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unknown error accessing sky sports app android

Hi Cocksy77,

I am sorry to see that the sports app didn’t work over the Christmas period, I have found this guide available on our website with some troubleshooting advice.

If you have tried everything on this page, then please give the cable team a call from 150 from a virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other number. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
paul24grm
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Got same problem, fine last week watching darts at work on Android tablet, tried this afternoon and got the unknown error message. Tried again at home this evening in case it was work's internet connection but still an issue. Other video on Sky is fine, just seems to be the live channels. Would like to avoid the 150 route for a resolution so if you get a solution would you be kind enough to let us know.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bad news. The status page is now showing 4th Jan 2017 as the latest estimated date for this fault to be fixed.
Cocksy77
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for replies, have tried everything thanks for pointing out the service status, as this was not showing as a problem when I originally posted. Will have to wait for the fix I guess 😑

0 Kudos
Tom_Watson
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was another who's had issues since the last couple of weeks of December, on two different Android devices (phone and tablet). Both devices stopped working at the same time, so I guess it's not device related.

0 Kudos