Menu
smuggfifer
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unauthorised modification message when trying to view

What have I done wrong? What can I do to fix it? 

Trying to use a Prestigio tablet 

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unauthorised modification message when trying to view

You can't use TV Anywhere through the tablet's browser, you'll need to install the app from the Play Store.

Is it running Android? If so, which version?

0 Kudos
smuggfifer
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help. I have the app installed, and its the app that puts up the error message when I press the warch on tablet button. I'm running on Android 4.0.3 . Please advise if this problem may be caused by installed apps,  cheers

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Probably not existing apps. Your tablet is being perceived to have been rooted or otherwise modified, and such devices are not supported. Some devices come supplied with tiny changes to the Android OS that cause this problem. Which model is it? Have you had it from new?
0 Kudos
smuggfifer
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its model number PMP5197DULTRA . I've had from new, about 3 or 4 years

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is just my opinion (and I don't work for VM) but I don't think you're likely to get TVA working on this tablet.  It might have something to do with its age, or the fact that it has a dedicated HDMI output.  I'll leave this thread now for someone official to share their thoughts though.

0 Kudos
smuggfifer
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your help, back home now, will try getting on through my home network and see what happens 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi smuggfifer,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your posts. It's great to see that Crockret has given you great advice and information. Apologies that the TV Anywhere app isn't working with your tablet.

We recently had an update for Android 4, has this made any difference at all with the TV Anywhere functions on your tablet?

If you are still getting Unauthorized Modification message, then the Prestigio tablet is not a supported device. I'm terribly sorry as I understand that this is not the update that you were expecting.

If there is a change in supporting the Prestigio tablet, it will be added to the following supported devices list found here.  You can also check out our Help page for Technical requirements for using Virgin TV Anywhere.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos