Menu
SparxLUFC
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unauthorised Modifications?

I am getting an unauthorised modification alert when trying to log in. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with Android 6.0.....extremely annoying and disappointing! Any fixes yet Virgin?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unauthorised Modifications?

Android Marshmallow or V 6.0.1 is still not after over six months supported for TVanywhere, it look like when it is a new upgraded box will be needed, but the support staff on here are not saying anything one way or another.........

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Android Marshmallow or V 6.0.1 is still not after over six months supported for TVanywhere, it look like when it is a new upgraded box will be needed, but the support staff on here are not saying anything one way or another.........
SparxLUFC
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's not good on Virgin? Surely it should be an easy fix? It's not like I'm using a 3rd party jailbtoken tablet, it's a brand new Samsung... poor Virgin, very poor!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi SparxLUFC,

Thank you for your message on the TV Anywhere app and it's incompatibility with 6.0.1 and above.

This is something that is still in the pipeline and we are making progress but no news of this is available right now.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK you've just made sure it will never work

Virgin Media (and Sky) detect if your device is rooted (apple stuff is jailbroken), the deem that it makes your device insecure and it does to a degree, therefore you will never ever be able to use TV anywhere on that device until its restored to stock, Rom and Firmware.
0 Kudos
SparxLUFC
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

But mine isn't rooted. It was brand new out the box. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry misread that.

in that case you only have to wait until virgin upgrade the tv anywhere app to support version 6.0.1.

its been over six months and they have yet to do so. I've also heard that they are going to link the new app to a new TiVo box, but I've been wrong before

0 Kudos