Menu
chriscross05
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unauthorised Modification to Android

A message comes up when I want to watch stuff on TV Anywhere app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I DO NOT ROOT !!!

The message says: Unauthorised Modifications Detected.

Live TV streaming will not work if unauthorised Modifications have been made to Android.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S5 before I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and everything worked fine.

I had the same apps, the same info etc.

So who knows what is wrong?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unauthorised Modification to Android

There is an issue with certain devices that launched with Androd 6.0.1:

Technical requirements for using Virgin TV Anywhere - http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=9E966504-52D2-49F7-9EAB-8EBAF5B9F4FC

NOTE: Virgin TV Anywhere is not currently able to stream live TV to devices that have launched with Android 6.0.1 including the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. We’re working on bringing live TV streaming to these devices as soon as possible. TiVo management is unaffected on these devices. Devices updating to Android 6.0.1 can continue to stream live TV.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Sam87
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This issue has been ongoing for some time, when will it be fixed? 

Our contract is up for renewal soon and I may move back to sky as their app is much more efficient.

Thanks

Sam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sam, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely to see a new face in the crowd. Smiley Happy

Currently we've no news on this. It's not that Android 6.0.1 isn't compatible as it works on devices launched with previous versions but updated to this software. It's only an issue with devices that come with 6.0.1 pre-installed. 

Once we have any news on this, we will be the first to shout it from the rooftops Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is an issue with certain devices that launched with Androd 6.0.1:

Technical requirements for using Virgin TV Anywhere - http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=9E966504-52D2-49F7-9EAB-8EBAF5B9F4FC

NOTE: Virgin TV Anywhere is not currently able to stream live TV to devices that have launched with Android 6.0.1 including the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. We’re working on bringing live TV streaming to these devices as soon as possible. TiVo management is unaffected on these devices. Devices updating to Android 6.0.1 can continue to stream live TV.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Sam87
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This issue has been ongoing for some time, when will it be fixed? 

Our contract is up for renewal soon and I may move back to sky as their app is much more efficient.

Thanks

Sam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sam, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely to see a new face in the crowd. Smiley Happy

Currently we've no news on this. It's not that Android 6.0.1 isn't compatible as it works on devices launched with previous versions but updated to this software. It's only an issue with devices that come with 6.0.1 pre-installed. 

Once we have any news on this, we will be the first to shout it from the rooftops Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
chriscross05
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think the main problem is the length of time this is taking. Part of the reason why we subscribe to a package, is that you have better than Sky or at least the same.

It is a serious flaw, that is overdue a fix ASAP. Otherwise you might find people going elsewhere. People expect things on the go in 2016 and the hectic busy lives we all have.

Could we at least have a realistic time frame, instead of being fobbed off.
0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Although this is clearly annoying for you, I think that  it may well be a while yet before it is resolved due to the fact that the fault is not with the app itself, but "with certain phones that have Android 6.0.1 pre-installed" rather that with phones that have upgraded to it.

A bit like looking for a needle in a haystack when the fault is not necessarily that of the ap.

I wonder though if this affects all handsets with it pre-installed, or only certain ones?

0 Kudos