Menu
phillthyboots
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to watch sky sports on my kindle 8.9 fire

Everything else works fine, except sky movies.

Message appears" not supported on Amazon devices"

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to watch sky sports on my kindle 8.9 fire

Unfortunately the Sky Movies and Sky Sports apps haven't been released for the Kindle devices by Sky.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
phillthyboots
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It says on the virgin media website that the kindle is fully supported, that is why I bought it, specifically to watch sky sports.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

phillthyboots wrote:

It says on the virgin media website that the kindle is fully supported, that is why I bought it, specifically to watch sky sports.

The Kindle is fully supported by the Virgin TV Anywhere app which gives access to all available channels except Sky Movies and Sky Sports.

Sky Movies and Sky Sports on mobile devices is through Sky apps using your Virgin Media log in details. These apps are available through Google Play and the App Store only. Sky would have to publish these apps to the Amazon Appstore in order to use the Kindle to access them, which they haven't done for anyone yet.

As far as I'm aware there is currently there is no way to watch Sky premium channels on Kindle devices.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi phillthyboots,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear you've gotten a little mixed up with the apps. As correctly explained by Ben, The supported list of devices is for use with the TV Anywhere app. Any devices on there may not work with the Sky apps.

As far as I am aware, Sky have released no plans to make their apps available on Kindle devices however as things change all the time, this maybe something they will do.

In the meantime you can watch the Sky Sports and Movies channels on a PC / Laptop via the websites. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos