Menu
nessscott
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to watch live TV on laptop - Please help!

I wanted to watch live TV on my laptop, it asked me to register my laptop which I did & it worked fine & I was able to watch live tv.

I have just logged back on & am getting a message saying my laptop is not a registered device & I am unable to make any more device changes for a month.

Please could someone help as it was working fine a little while ago & I need to watch The Walking Dead tonight!

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to watch live TV on laptop - Please help!

If you are wanting to watch something tonight, you will need to ring in. responses from staff on here take around 48 hrs.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to watch live TV on laptop - Please help!

Hi nessscott, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're not having any luck watching TV via your laptop. 

If you updated the OS or have cleared your cache and cookies then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings.

Remove the laptop's registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using Firefox or Internet explorer on the laptop you are trying to re-register, go to On Now and try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos