Menu
dspace9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to watch Sky sports TV anywhere on my laptop

I am going to hospital April 7 and want to take my laptop to watch sports while I am in. I tried last night to watch Wales  game but could not get it to play. I know chrome and Firefox no longer support Silverlight so I downloaded Safari - just got blank where video should be streaming, downloaded IE (not Edge as I am on Windows 10) and I get the following.. I have read other posts and have tested silverlight on test silverlight player www.kcba.org/streaming/Test-Streaming.aspx    and it works there. Would love to hear what the problem is so I can rectify it pre hospital visit... cheers

Screenshot (16).png
0 Kudos
Stumbler
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to watch Sky sports TV anywhere on my laptop

You're not alone. I have the same error.

I've reset all my network connections and ran the Virginmedia test. All is OK. Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mine stopped working a day or two ago, out of the blue when nothing had changed my end. After a few hours with the same problem. as I had a spare device change available to me, I deleted & re-registered the device, and it's now working fine again.

Sky device management is separate to Virgin device management & you can delete devices here:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

Once you have a free device slot available, (re)registration should be as easy as starting to stream.

(If you have Windows 10, you already had Internet Explorer without the need to download it again. Hit the windows key & start typing "internet explorer" & there it is.)

dspace9
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That worked a treat, Thanks loads Smiley LOL