Menu
RuthsDad
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to view Registered Devices through Profile as ‘Not a Virgin Media Customer’

Previously created a user on my account so they can watch TV Anywhere on a PC in their room. This worked fine until recently when they started to get Device Registration Limit Reached. Nothing has changed; same PC, same PC login, and same Browser. On trying to view registered devices through their account profile, computer says something along the lines of ‘Only Virginmedia customers can view this option’. Signing out then back in again gives same.

Please has anyone had anything similar or can tell if this is because they are only a user and not the main account holder? Note: I cannot see their devices on my account and not spoken to Virgin yet as I know this board would be a quicker and more knowledgeable option. Many thanks for your time

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to view Registered Devices through Profile as ‘Not a Virgin Media Customer’

RuthsDad wrote:
Aware only 1 change per month for Virgin, but the Virginmedia person said 3 per month for Sky, not that I use the Sky ones that often.

Just one for Sky as well. You have been wrongly advised. This is what I see right now.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos

All Replies
RuthsDad
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to view Registered Devices through Profile as ‘Not a Virgin Media Customer’

OK, so I contacted Virginmedia and was told the following;

1. Secondary accounts cannot delete or add devices, so hence the message
  2. Only the main account is allocated 2 devices, secondary accounts are not allocated devices so will use these also
  3. Sky Sport / Movies also has a 2 device limit, however you can change device up to 3 times a month.
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

RuthsDad wrote:

Sky Sport / Movies also has a 2 device limit, however you can change device up to 3 times a month.

You can only change one per calendar month.  That's my problem.

You can register two devices initially but then only make one change per calendar month.  Which when it screws up by not recognizing the same device registered months ago on the 13th September means another 17 days wait.

0 Kudos
RuthsDad
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Aware only 1 change per month for Virgin, but the Virginmedia person said 3 per month for Sky, not that I use the Sky ones that often.
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

RuthsDad wrote:

Just one for Sky as well. You have been wrongly advised. This is what I see right now.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos