Menu
el-zilcho
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register device with sky sports

Hi,

My PC was previously registered with Sky Sports and played with no problems. I then had play back issues - I could log in but play no channels. I de-registered the PC with the intention of re-registering it to see if that helped, but now I can log-in to sky sports, but my device is no 'automatically' registering. I have a slot available. Help!

Edit: the error message is 'Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please click play to resume watching [t:6013/c:4110]

Clicking play makes it buffer and then the message reappears

Thanks,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register device with sky sports

Hi Jeremy, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having trying to watch Sky Sports. 

As it wont allow you to log in, the device wont register automatically. You need to attempt to stream before it will do that. 

The error message that you are getting relates to silverlight although I can't fathom why this would come up unless you're trying to stream. 

What browser are you currently using? 

Make sure you have cleared all the cache, cookies and history and try logging in again. Has this gotten you passed that stage?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
el-zilcho
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Its still not working. 

I am using Firefox and have tried it on IE9. I can log in with no problems to tvanywhere and sky sports.

I am unable to see any video on the sky sports channels. The error message is 

'Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please click play to resume watching. [t:6013 / c:4110]'

I have cleared the firefox history, cache and cookies, and IE9 was a fresh install.

Smiley Sad

Thanks,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I appreciate the checks that you have completed so far, but unfortunately to no avail.

Have you tried to un-install and re-install Silverlight? Can you make sure that the cookies are set to always please.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos