Menu
mark770
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register a device

I am unable to register my galaxy s7 edge for use in the app. It's pretty much just an EPG. I get no prompt to register the device and after checking online know I only have a laptop registered. I have tried on 3g and WiFi to see if any difference but still unable to register. Anything I'm doing wrong or any help please?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to register a device

Hi mark770,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your device isn't yet compatible with TV Anywhere. Smiley Sad

Any device launched on Android 6.0.1 will not currently work with streaming TV Anywhere. You are able to use TV Anywhere via a compatible device or online via anywhere.virginmedia.com using a PC / Laptop.

It seems the 6.0.1 OS has a slightly different version of Android installed that the app doesn't recognise and therefore won't work.

We're currently making some changes to the app to update it to allow 6.0.1 and 7 users to use the app. 

We're at the testing stages and still have a few more kinks to iron out but as soon as it's ready for release we will let you know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mark770,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your device isn't yet compatible with TV Anywhere. Smiley Sad

Any device launched on Android 6.0.1 will not currently work with streaming TV Anywhere. You are able to use TV Anywhere via a compatible device or online via anywhere.virginmedia.com using a PC / Laptop.

It seems the 6.0.1 OS has a slightly different version of Android installed that the app doesn't recognise and therefore won't work.

We're currently making some changes to the app to update it to allow 6.0.1 and 7 users to use the app. 

We're at the testing stages and still have a few more kinks to iron out but as soon as it's ready for release we will let you know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Spoons72
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Are there still problems for devices with Android 7.0?

0 Kudos
mark770
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

From what I know it's anything from android 6.0.1 and above at the moment and they are working on an update but nothing imminent
0 Kudos