Menu
JamesGLewis
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

I have been using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (from Virgin as part of the sign up package)to watch TV on Demand for several months. A few days ago I signed in and was unable to view programmes on the tablet.  I was only able to change the channels on the Tivo box.

Since then I have uninstalled the app and removed the tablet from one of the registered device slots in the expectation of being able to re register it anew and return everything to normal. However, when I go into TV Anywhere via the tablet the settings page does not give me the option to re register the device. I have also tried to view directly from the guide in the hope that this will prompt a request to re register the device but again I am only able to change channels on the Tivo box.

When I login through my PC the settings show that there is still one device slot available.

I am at a total loss as to what the problem is. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Hi JamesGLewis, 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having an issue with re-registering your Tablet.

I have been unable to locate your account and need some information from you so that I can resolve this issue.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum colour envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JamesGLewis, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly on this with your details. I've doubled checked your account and can see that there is indeed a free space and there is also 1 device change left for you to use to enable you to add the tablet. 

In order to re-register, try again streaming Channel 4 to see if it presents you with the registration prompts. If not, whet error message comes up?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
JamesGLewis
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

There is no error message, it simply gives the option 'Watch on TV' and there is no option to watch on tablet.

It has just occurred to me that I upgraded to windows 10 on my PC last week, which is the other registered device. After the upgrade I was unable to watch anything so I deleted the PC and then re - registered it again. It now works but could it be that it has inadvertently caused a problem with the Samsung Tab 4?

Best regards

James
0 Kudos
JamesGLewis
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dear Kath

I am a it lost as to what is happening here.

Is that forum an official Virgin resource for problems and complaints? If so do you work for Virgin?

Be a regards

James
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi James, 

Thanks for coming back to me again Smiley Happy 

Yes I work for Virgin Media. This forum is a Community Forum. Whilst we do have a high presence here and are able to solve most queries, there are things you'll need to give the team a call about instead. 

To make an official complaint you'll need to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Changing the registration with the PC wouldn't have caused the issue with the Tablet. Just out of interest, when viewing the TV Listings on your tablet, is there a wifi streaming logo next to channel 4?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
JamesGLewis
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I just wondered why it tales so long to reply.

It suddenly works again now. I don't suppose you have any idea why or what happened?

Regards

James
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi James, 

As mentioned in my previous post we are a Community forum so we rely on the Community helping each other out. 

We have thousands of posts to read through each day and alot of boards so as you can imagine it can get rather busy Smiley Happy 

We do go as fast as we can though. 

I'm glad things are working for you now. I think we'll have to put this down to one of life's little mysteries. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos