Menu
kevinh
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register PC to watch Sky Sports

According to the VM website if I have a spare device slot for Sky Sports all I need to do is try and watch a channel and it will register the device. I opened VM in Firefox, when I selected Sky Sports 1 I was able to open a new tab for the Sky streaming player. But the screen stayed blank and my PC didn't show up as a device to fill the spare slot.

Any ideas?

Kevin

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register PC to watch Sky Sports

I had to register a new Sky device recently & it took ages. Like, about 5 minutes, perhaps because it was just before a football match & the server was busy. Just leave the window/tab to do its thing.

Another thing to check is that Silverlight is installed to Firefox (and active) and that cookies are allowed.

kevinh
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I have verified Silverlight is the latest version, installed in Firefox and always activated. Cookies are accepted. I even left it running for 30 minutes but no sign it would register by PC as a device.

Very frustrating.

Kevin

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you registering via VM logo on Sky website? You need to using your VM details:

Go via this link:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/sports?successUrl=http://www.skysports.com/watch/sky-sports-1

... ZVNK ...
0 Kudos
kevinh
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'm logging on under the VM logo.

0 Kudos
mraven95
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Im also having this problem, but im on mac, did you manage to get a solution?

0 Kudos
kevinh
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I spent 45 minutes with a VM tech support engineer troubleshooting the problem earlier this evening. He could get his computer accepted as a device on my account very easily so there's no problem with the system or my account. We tried different browsers, clearing cache and cookies, reinstalling silverlight, rebooting the PC and wireless hub. Nothing worked. So it seems it's a problem with my PC software, but at the moment I can't think of what else to try.

Although they couldn't solve my issue, tech support might be able to help you. If you can resolve it please post the solution here.

Kevin

0 Kudos