Menu
Emmas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to login to tv anywhere

Hi,

my tivo box was replaced on Saturday and since then i am not able to login to the tv anywhere app. It keeps telling me my username and password are wrong, but i am using the same details to log into my account and so i know its not right!

We have tried to access via other accounts set up on our main account which are also getting the same issue?

i thought i would wait 24 hours after the install in case it needed time to perform background updates, but its still not working?

please help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to login to tv anywhere

Hi Emmas,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that you're getting an error message when trying to sign in to TV Anywhere. 

If there are any changes made to to the TiVo® then it can take 24 hours for TV Anywhere to sync with the updates. During this time the Username Error message may appear. 

Are you able to login to the website version of TV Anywhere on a PC / Laptop? anywhere.virginmedia.com

If not then try resetting the password within My Virgin Media and trying again. 

Make sure you are typing the username and password into the app and not relying on Autofill as sometimes they can add an extra space or auto capitalise the first letter. Both of these would produce this error. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Emmas
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath!

I can login to the desktop site with no issues. I have tried resetting my password, deleting the app and reinstalling, still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Emma
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma, 

Thanks for responding and sticking with us on this. 

The fact that you're able to log in online shows there may be an issue with your account recognising the new TiVo® box. 

I have sent some signal hits down the line and also re-synced your account with us. If you can re-boot your TiVo® box and let me know if this has resolved things Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos